Cacerolazo This Thursday, April 18Th. Get Out Your Pans!

How funny, I still remember 2001, when the poor used to bang their pans and pots because they could not fill it with anything, they were claiming for food, work and dignity with unemployment hitting 28% and poverty 52%. Today we see the upper middle class banging their pots because they cannot buy dollars (when the currency in this country is the PESO).

Thanks god it is only a minority and soon will be forgotten.

You should know this is not just about buying dollars ni is it just the "upper middle class" protesting. Spent much time in the interior lately?

Yeah, sure, you want us to be like Spain? with nearly 30% unemployment, 3 millions in extreme poverty and 11 millions in poverty?
Or like England, a racist and close society who is in a triple dip recession?

I did take note on Germany, and example in my opinion.

You might want to take notes on the low level of crime in Spain despite the "extreme poverty."

Yeah, sure, you want us to be like Spain? with nearly 30% unemployment, 3 millions in extreme poverty and 11 millions in poverty?

Please get your facts right.

England a racist country? You'll find its one of the most tolerant countries in the world. 1/3 of London is foreign.
Triple dip, again check your facts. Things are not great there but are A LOT better than here. (unless your talking about bife chorizo)
Plus the economy of England or the UK as you might get it confused with is just about the same size of Brazil despite being much smaller and having much less people and natural resources. So again you'd do well to learn a thing or two.

Kemer, I don't have a problem with your level of English, after all we all have learning curves.
What I have a problem with is indoctrination.
It's very difficult to comprehend anyone who says they are better off in this country now, than they were say seven years ago, apart maybe from those who are party to this whole shameful series of catastrophes.
Those of us with our eyes wide open as opposed to wide shut can see for ourselves what is going on here.
Furthermore, the recent general election in Venezuela is a marker for the direction of quite a few South American countries, the result of which has been received with orgasmic pleasure by the President of this country for one.
Do I need to explain why?

I dont believe you have spent serious time in England and Germany because if you had of you would have realised the standard of living and low level of poverty is simply in another world when you compare it to Argentina.

Yes your right, Spain is going through a crisis now, similar to Argentina in 2001 (except they are restriced as they cant devalue their currency so its slow and painful). Plus you should remember the economy does not have the resources of Argentina. Anyway, their poverty rate of 20% is still below Argentinas of approx 30%.

Argentinas predicted growth rate doesnt mean much, its an "emerging nation" nation and has resource based economy, as an average emerging nations are predicted to have positive growth in 2013.

When I went to the November cacerolazo, it was serious but good-natured. I hope and expect Thursday will be the same.

I agree with you, I think corruption is everywhere. Except in most 1st World countries it is punished when discovered. My Brasilian wife used to say the same thing you do, that corruption runs all countries. Until she went and lived in the US for a couple of years. She was SHOCKED that we actually put politicians and police in jail for corruption.

Secondly, the driver of any economy is the middle class. You can get a good proxy of the future of a country by seeing how well the middle-class is doing. What do you think is happening to the middle-class in Argentina? Is it growing or is it shrinking? Relatedly, one of the economic markers for a struggling and weak economy is the distance between the lower-class and the upper-class. Or, one could say the percentage of wealth held by the top 1% as is the case now in the USA where that percentage has grown and is growing fast. I predict major problems for the USA, but back to Argentina.

I fully understand the populist effect that CFK has. She's a master at pulling at the heart-strings of Argentines and raising national pride. However, economically and many other ways this is a train-wreck waiting to happen (to use a bad pun).

How funny, I still remember 2001, when the poor used to bang their pans and pots because they could not fill it with anything, they were claiming for food, work and dignity with unemployment hitting 28% and poverty 52%. Today we see the upper middle class banging their pots because they cannot buy dollars (when the currency in this country is the PESO).

Thanks god it is only a minority and soon will be forgotten.

Yeah! Finally the K people arrived on that forum. Just sit back and enjoy the shitstorm which is about to arrive.

I agree with you, I think corruption is everywhere. Except in most 1st World countries it is punished when discovered. My Brasilian wife used to say the same thing you do, that corruption runs all countries. Until she went and lived in the US for a couple of years. She was SHOCKED that we actually put politicians and police in jail for corruption.

Secondly, the driver of any economy is the middle class. You can get a good proxy of the future of a country by seeing how well the middle-class is doing. What do you think is happening to the middle-class in Argentina? Is it growing or is it shrinking? Relatedly, one of the economic markers for a struggling and weak economy is the distance between the lower-class and the upper-class. Or, one could say the percentage of wealth held by the top 1% as is the case now in the USA where that percentage has grown and is growing fast. I predict major problems for the USA, but back to Argentina.

I fully understand the populist effect that CFK has. She's a master at pulling at the heart-strings of Argentines and raising national pride. However, economically and many other ways this is a train-wreck waiting to happen (to use a bad pun).

Actually, she's an utter demagogue who appeals to her followers' worst instincts.

Pans and pots, they are trying to mislead the protest, like if they do not have anything to put on their pans... and what the majority wants is to buy dollars at any cost (well, they can buy it at the blue rate) even if that mean's to make a mess of the whole economy and leave the more vunerable, even more vunerable.

And tell me who is faulty for this? the people that are looking for a way to save their money from the incredible hight inflation this government has generate or the government for been destroying the pucharge power of the Peso so much than no one want it anymore?

Back