Cacerolazo This Thursday, April 18Th. Get Out Your Pans!

This thread has put this in my mind.
I can't think why..................................

I am interested in your detailed views... seriously. I am not trying to mock you but trying to understand the basis of your opinions and conviction. It is always good to see both sides of the coin before coming to a conclusion.

Why do you think that they are doing a good job?
Could it be better?
Is there corruption or what is your perception of corruption
Is Argentina in better shape than Uruguay or Chile?
Or put it in another way, do you think one can have a better future in Uruguay or Chile.
Why are people disagreeing with you?
How old are you? Born in 1984?
Have you lived and worked abroad?

Thanks in advance for your answers. I think they require more effort than one-liners but I believe it would improve understanding among ourselves.

Well, I will give you my opinion,
- I think they are doing an OK job. It could be much better, but I have seen many changes, for example, most of my friends who live in Parque Patricios and around, they were below poverty since I have use of reason, they would only in dreams have the quality of life (which is normal) they have today, lets say for example in the 90's. Same with the part of my family who lives in El Conurbano, during the 80's and 90's they only could afford the basic needs, struggling day and night. Today, everyone has a house, cars, go on holidays, and they consume like they never consume before.
-It could be better, no doubt.
-We have corruption, but tell me where in the world you cannot find it these day's? if you studied Argentine history you will find that corruption has been always in this country. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but unfotuneatly is something that you are not going to change in a short or middle period.
-I could not say since I haven't lived in any of those countries, but I have seen many Chilean come here to study, and my brother who works in migrations tells me with facts that is more people coming here to live (not from Uruguay but from Chile).
-Again, I could not say.
-Because people have diferent opinions, only think on themself's and or a lot of people are easy to influence by the ones around.
-I'm 29.
-Yes, I have. In England, Spain and Germany.

Saludos.

- I think they are doing an OK job. It could be much better, but I have seen many changes, for example, most of my friends who live in Parque Patricios and around, they were below poverty since I have use of reason, they would only in dreams have the quality of life (which is normal) they have today, lets say for example in the 90's. Same with the part of my family who lives in El Conurbano, during the 80's and 90's they only could afford the basic needs, struggling day and night. Today, everyone has a house, cars, go on holidays, and they consume like they never consume before.

The whole of South America and much of the world is getting richer. Not much to do with the Ks or Argentina being special

-We have corruption, but tell me where in the world you cannot find it these day's? if you studied Argentine history you will find that corruption has been always in this country. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but unfotuneatly is something that you are not going to change in a short or middle period.

Such a sad opinion too common here. There is MUCH more currption here. If you don't have the will to change it, it never will.

-I could not say since I haven't lived in any of those countries, but I have seen many Chilean come here to study, and my brother who works in migrations tells me with facts that is more people coming here to live (not from Uruguay but from Chile).

Perhaps some are coming for cultural reasons. But you can say that Argentina is becoming the sick man of South America. Performing well below its potential. But hey thats 'ok'.

-Again, I could not say.

-Because people have diferent opinions, only think on themself's and or a lot of people are easy to influence by the ones around.

-I'm 29.
-Yes, I have. In England, Spain and Germany.
You might want to take notes next time you go, if you can.

Thats strange at the last demo I didn't see any banners saying they wanted Dollars, more like insecurity, no re-re-reelection etc. No one is saying they don't have anything to eat either, the pot banning is just a way of grabbing attention now.

I wish people would stop blaming others for the economy here. It lies directly at the foot of the Ks not some evil conspiracy by foreigners/middle class to buy/sell dollars.

We all appreciate how Argentina has improved since 2001 but to be honest it was such a low starting point any improvement would have looked great.

You might want to do a bit of research about the Ks and their seedy past. Plus how a lot of patagonia is being sold of to mining companies that are posioning the local population.

Not something worth protesting about?

No one is blaming anyone here, but when you have no access to foreign credit (THANK'S GOD) the only way to pay back the dollars for past debts or to get energy (I will definitely blame Repsol for that and the government has its share of blame too) is by stoping the upper middle and high class to get their hand's on them to put them under the ''mattress'' (Argentines have about 50% of the GDP under the ''mattress'') or to send them overseas.

And by the way, sorry for my English, is not as good as I like it to be.

How funny, I still remember 2001, when the poor used to bang their pans and pots because they could not fill it with anything, they were claiming for food, work and dignity with unemployment hitting 28% and poverty 52%. Today we see the upper middle class banging their pots because they cannot buy dollars (when the currency in this country is the PESO).

Thanks god it is only a minority and soon will be forgotten.

If I'm not wrong, the right to protest is the same for the poorest person and for the wealthiest one. That's pretty much a basic premise of democracy...

For a nation to develop, tolerance is a must. In my native country the "cacelorazo" movement (here called "pailas") in the late 80's against Noriega included both poor people who couldn't eat, and wealthier ones who were being subject to persecution by the government to seize their assets, all of them marching side by side (and if you google a bit, you'll see how ugly things had gotten here). Regardless of whether we like their reasons to protest, anyone who feel their basic rights are being violated --minority or not-- have and should exercise the right to voice their opinion in the manner they find more appropriate or relatable to the general population, as long as they don't affect the lives of others or violate other people's rights in the process. Would you rather have cacerolazos or house-burning, stone-throwing, bullet-firing, rocket-launching violence. Having seen both, I can tell you I prefer the former to the latter.

Yes, you are an ugly K, don't try to hide it. That's why all the posts you have in this forum (only 46) are to support the government one way or another. You are not here to participate constructively, you just want to convince people that the K model is a good and happy thing. Let's show some proof:

http://baexpats.org/...05-bus-robbery/ --> In here you started calling Iznogud a lier (and that he was trying to scare people) because he said a place was dangerous at night. You started to say that it was "of the safest in the city."

http://baexpats.org/...outside-the-cf/ --> You continue the fight here saying it was a lie because your brother works in SAME there and he didn't hear anything.

http://baexpats.org/...tions-blue-sky/ --> now you started to call criminals to people who buy the blue dollar.

http://baexpats.org/...a-2013-economy/ --> Quoting "The economy in 2013 will do just FINE". More lies. You continue to fight with everyone to says otherwise even if you dont have a way to prove your comments.

http://baexpats.org/...ntina-or-chile/ --> Now you say your brother works at immnigrations (you must have a lot of brothers) and he sees a lot of people from Chile and Colombia coming, so that means the economy is better (o_O). You also keep telling people are trolling and saying "have you ever worked in chile" as an argument, the same you are doing here with "have you ever worked in the 80/90 in argentina".

http://baexpats.org/...4936-would-you/ --> You posted that Voiceofreason has been saying a lot of bullshit because of her opinion regarding how she was seeing argentina today.

http://baexpats.org/...-professionals/ --> Now you are saying to people should go to chile instead of complaining from argentina.

http://baexpats.org/...nd-restaurants/ --> Now you are calling more people troll.

http://baexpats.org/...tions-on-crime/ --> You try to compare how well we are by showing some stats from one of the worst places in earth (regarding crime), south africa.

http://baexpats.org/...-program-today/ --> Oh.. lanata. Now you are trying to move the thread to another thing instead of actually talking on the subject. No, you need to move things to who said what.

http://baexpats.org/...-out-your-pans/ --> This thread. You continue showing that you are supporting this government no matter what instead of thinking and arguing like a grown up.

Have a great day sir. Here is the door, please use it.

Wood_Door-Liner_skirting.jpg

- What he said was a lie, have you been to Parque Patricios at night? I can say that me and my girlfriend can go at night (12 or 1 in the midnight) with our laptops and a pizza and is FULL, I repeat FULL of Prefectura at anytime all around the neighborhood. So yes is one of the safest places.

-My brother work in migrations, if you can read you will find that I said my friend and ''IS'' brother (forgot the H) works for SAME. And I have 3 more brother's.

-The Law said that buying dollars in a cueva is iligal. Sorry, but it the Law of MY COUNTRY.

-I don't say it, more seriuos people than you and me say it. Even the IMF say's that we are going to growth this year.

-Do you know people who work's in migrations that can tell you the opossite?

-He is a troll.

-He was comparing Argentina to South Africa, saying that we are heading there, no the other way around. What's is your point?

And why you have to call me ugly? Because I have a different opinion? So I have to be like you? I would say before calling anyone ugly have a look a the mirror...

ITS NOT JUST ABOUT THE GODDAMN DOLLARS!

It's about the Inflation which is destroying the middle class

It's about the government LYING about the inflation so that you can't even plan for your future.

It's because you can't eat 4 meals on six pesos a day

It's about Boudu and the rampant corruption.

It's about the attempt on the Constitution and the independent Judiciary

It's about the freedom of the Press

It's about the road to a dictatorship

It's about Once and la plata

It's about the insecurity

It's about billions for football para todos.

It's about billions for official propaganda

It's about politics of division

It's about aligning Argentina with other totalitarian states.

AND YES

It's ALSO about the freedom to travel and to exchange pesos for other currencies.

You might want to take notes next time you go, if you can.

Yeah, sure, you want us to be like Spain? with nearly 30% unemployment, 3 millions in extreme poverty and 11 millions in poverty?
Or like England, a racist and close society who is in a triple dip recession?

I did take note on Germany, and example in my opinion.

Back