Cfk Orgullosa: Argentina Es El País Que Más Consume Gaseosa!

But one must be a better indicator of economic activity than the other, no?

http://www.diariouno...50118-0010.html

I was talking of internal market demand, about Coca Cola in Argentina. The wine its totally a different issue, Argentina is a gross producer of wine, most of it exports. There cant be a huge loss in the wine sector because it exports the most part, it not depends so much on internal demand to be prosperous, and from what I know it is working very well right now. According to the link below we re the first wine producers of southern hemisphere and we in 2014 escalated to the 5th position world wide.

http://www.lanacion.cl/noticias/economia/exportaciones/chile-caera-al-8vo-lugar-en-produccion-de-vino-en-2014-argentina-sera-el-5to/2014-10-23/163927.html

I have never seen 3 litre bottles of soft drinks like here
and I know it is consumed by many, poor and rich and almost everyone in between.
my only weakness is tonic water for my gin and tonic! and guarana when I'm in Brazil.
I buy soda(gasified water) and mix it with lemon juice and a bit of sugar :( (can't drink it without as it's too tart) and at least I know there's no JMAF added!

and somewhere in the world a Coca Cola advertising executive is patting himself on the back...

Its a matter of perspective. To an american or european or upper middle class argentinian like me, its difficult to understand, but Coca Cola in the table every night, for a family who could not buy food ten years ago, is a joy.

I have never seen 3 litre bottles of soft drinks like here
and I know it is consumed by many, poor and rich and almost everyone in between.
my only weakness is tonic water for my gin and tonic! and guarana when I'm in Brazil.
I buy soda(gasified water) and mix it with lemon juice and a bit of sugar :( (can't drink it without as it's too tart) and at least I know there's no JMAF added!

You tend to only get regular pepsi and coke in 3 litre bottles.

But for eveyone's well being, except Pepsico and Coca Cola, there should be a movement to stop drinking these drinks and consume something more natural or plain water.

Well, it is indeed an indicator. Probably not the best one, but as I said in this case reflects pretty accurately the recovery the economy experimented since 2003.

You are kidding, right?

There are so many other factors (some explained with basic social psychology) that can contribute to coca cola consumption increases/decreases that make this particular 'indicator' so vulnerable to any scientific study's internal and external validity bias. And not to even mention the cognitive errors that go into assuming that this could serve as an indicator of 'economic recovery' in any respectable scientific study.

But to the poor people..... lets allow them to have some joy. And believe me, Coca Cola is for them what a good Malbec represents to us.

Please do share, kind sir, what does Malbec represent to us, and please, please define 'us'!

Malbec is a health food, at least (or especially) compared to Coca Cola.

Drinking too many bottles of Malvec could make you an alcoholic, the Coca Cola over consumption it will definitely make you obese
and diabetic too, so which one do you prefer ? ..I for instance, go for the good Malvec bottle, no gaseosas for me!

Back