Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Thanks for the link - here are the figures:
"RESULTS:
On average, patients had a hospital stay of almost 6 weeks and required mechanical ventilation for approximately 4 weeks; 43.9% of the patients died in the hospital. None of the patients discharged from the hospital were able to return home initially without assistance. By 6 months after discharge, more than 50% of the original sample and died, 9% resided in an institution, and 33% were living at home."

Thanks for the link - here are the figures:
"RESULTS:
On average, patients had a hospital stay of almost 6 weeks and required mechanical ventilation for approximately 4 weeks; 43.9% of the patients died in the hospital. None of the patients discharged from the hospital were able to return home initially without assistance. By 6 months after discharge, more than 50% of the original sample and died, 9% resided in an institution, and 33% were living at home."

Wasn't the original video referring specifically to mortality rates of covid19 respiratied patients? That's what I'd understood, I guess i'll have to go back and re watch it.

The study linked by TheDonald is from 1997. Am J Crit Care. 1997 Mar;6(2):99-105.

Interesting reading, but as you point out, the figures don't seem to match up either.

Right?

Wasn't the original video referring specifically to mortality rates of covid19 respiratied patients? That's what I'd understood, I guess i'll have to go back and re watch it.

The study linked by TheDonald is from 1997. Am J Crit Care. 1997 Mar;6(2):99-105.

Interesting reading, but as you point out, the figures don't seem to match up either.

Right?
We are only provided the abstract to the study. It's the academic equivalent of the "Executive Summary" in a business document. The abstract is designed to give the reader a general idea of the study, making the read/no read decision easier. If you want more statistics and numbers and standard deviations, with figures that probably pencil out to two decimal places, it looks like we can order the study from NIH. :)

Back