Corona Virus May Hit Argentina Hard

When will Argentina see its first Corona Virus case?

• This week

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • This month (January)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • After January

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Never

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
We are only provided the abstract to the study. It's the academic equivalent of the "Executive Summary" in a business document. The abstract is designed to give the reader a general idea of the study, making the read/no read decision easier. If you want more statistics and numbers and standard deviations, with figures that probably pencil out to two decimal places, it looks like we can order the study from NIH. :)

I understand all of that. I was only pointing out that although this study seems somewhat similar to what the video/doctor was talking about, I don't think this is what he was referencing as neither the dates, specificity, or stats, match up with the video.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong?

Cheers!

The theory that COV-19 slows down in hot humid conditions is being rested in Guayaquil and Chaco.

I had been planning to go to Vilcabama in June via Guayaquil to escape the Baires winter ... dodged a bullet there ...

Now I'm planning to return to the US in June hoping this would be seasonal. Discouraging...

The theory that COV-19 slows down in hot humid conditions is being rested in Guayaquil and Chaco.

I had been planning to go to Vilcabama in June via Guayaquil to escape the Baires winter ... dodged a bullet there ...

Now I'm planning to return to the US in June hoping this would be seasonal. Discouraging...

Shame about Ecuador . I have noticed some anomaly with the cases that is consistent all around the world . High altitude cities have much less cases than low lying cities . Does the high altitude protect against the virus maybe . In Ecuador Quito has 10 times less cases than Guayaquil as is the case of Arequipa Peru compared to Lima Peru and many more . These cities are above 2000 metres from sea level ..

Lima Peru close to 1200 cases confirmed . Arequipa 37 cases confirmed ,

Guayaquil Ecuador 1800 cases confirmed . Quito the capital of Ecuador less than 200 confirmed . 95 % of all deaths in Ecuador have been in Guayaquil

Last edited:
Shame about Ecuador . I have noticed some anomaly with the cases that is consistent all around the world . High altitude cities have much less cases than low lying cities . Does the high altitude protect against the virus maybe . In Ecuador Quito has 10 times less cases than Guayaquil as is the case of Arequipa Peru compared to Lima Peru and many more . These cities are above 2000 metres from sea level ..

Lima Peru close to 1200 cases confirmed . Arequipa 37 cases confirmed ,

Guayaquil Ecuador 1800 cases confirmed . Quito the capital of Ecuador less than 200 confirmed . 95 % of all deaths in Ecuador have been in Guayaquil

I've wondered the same thing about altitude. Currently stuck in Cuenca waiting to return to Argentina. Lived in Ecuador for five years and visited Guayaquil numerous times. From personal experience, have to say this article is spot-on as to why Guayaquil has so many cases (maybe in addition to being at sea level?):

This is very good news. An antibody test reveals if you've already had COV-19. This would allow health care workers to not have to don all the protective gear. And once it's widely available it will be a great piece of mind knowing you've already had it and you can go out freely.

Bump looks like it hit most of world hard wham so fast!

Hows is everyone doing hanging in there. Steve still around?

Totally slammed with work here

Bump looks like it hit most of world hard wham so fast!

Hows is everyone doing hanging in there. Steve still around?

Totally slammed with work here

Welcome back. Current thinking on Steve is that he got locked inside his bunker.

I received an email from the city government asking me to take a survey about how I'm doing during the quarantine. It's very interesting if you'd like to participate. Just use goggle translation if you don't understand the questions.

Did anyone else respond to the survey? You don't have to supply your personal data, it's all anonymous.

I received an email from the city government asking me to take a survey about how I'm doing during the quarantine. It's very interesting if you'd like to participate. Just use goggle translation if you don't understand the questions.

Did anyone else respond to the survey? You don't have to supply your personal data, it's all anonymous.
I took the survey - found the questions thoughtful, and interesting. Wonder how CABA will use the information.

I've wondered the same thing about altitude. Currently stuck in Cuenca waiting to return to Argentina. Lived in Ecuador for five years and visited Guayaquil numerous times. From personal experience, have to say this article is spot-on as to why Guayaquil has so many cases (maybe in addition to being at sea level?):

Greetings from Colorado in the US! I left BA on March 11, and had a flight booked back to Argentina for mid-August (which will of course get cancelled, though it hasnt yet). My city is pretty high altitude for the US (1655 meters), and a lot of our early cases were in the ski resorts. I dont think altitude has particularly helped us, but since the air is a bit thinner here, I suspect people were quicker to notice problems breathing, and perhaps go to hospitals earlier. Because a lot of people come here (we have a hub airport), we have more cases than neighboring states. Sorry to ruin your hope about altitude! :-(

Back