Correo - Where Can I Read The Laws-Is It A Crime (Sis)?

I digress, back to the subject here,

I was told yesterday to please understand the people who harassed and committed a crime against my family are really Good people, please forgive them.

I was also told they are mistreated by people everyday, and they put on their armour because they are mistreated, although I witnessed everyone who spoke to them over a few weeks being very respectful to them, because they wanted their stuff, but hey I could be wrong.

I respectfully disagree, Good people dont do things to intentionally harass others, thats what evil people do, but hey Maybe im wrong!

I can now get 2 pieces of my mail, and they are sorry!

Bottum line, they are enforcing a resolution upon tourist here, so you cant buy more than 2 items through the internet, BUT you can buy something through the internet and have it shipped to Uruguay or somewhere else, travel there pick it up and bring it back WITHOUT paying taxes on it!

No Logic at all!

Alright, let's go through (some of) your points since you seem to be complaining no one's addressing them:

The thing is, the resolution states that foreign citizens ARENT required to do the paperwork. Im not confronting them, i merely ask their name so I can report it to the next person I wrote a letter to. I spoke with the consulate on several occasions including speaking with the VICE CONSUL I was told by the Argentinain Consul that the resolution only applies to Argentinian citizens.

The boxes we received had been opened and more than 20 items were stolen.

As far as criminal case for contraban, they went through every box and there was no contraband.. The agent did lie, the agent said we refused, he never asked us to fill it out, we never refused I stated as the Aduana agent confirmed that as a us citizen Im not required to fill out the paperwork, nor does the 2 package limit apply to foreigners.

I dont know where you read that, thats not what I stated. Any I hope this clarified that for you.

http://biblioteca.afip.gob.ar/dcp/REAG01003579_2014_01_20 states nothing of the sort. It applies equally to foreigners as it does to Argentines. In fact, it doesn't even mention the words "extrajeros" or "ciudadanos" within its text. It also clearly states that you need to have access to AFIP's system and fill out a form.

Yep went back today, she held all my packages, I didnt try to confront merely told them what the consulate said and that as newly arriving people were intitled to household goods within 6 months. The other items from China I told them I would pay taxes for ,but they gave us the run around until the time for them to close then said they were going to turn it over to someone else to find out because they dont know the laws.

So they changed the story again, first it was because I didnt do the paperwork, I told them I didn't know what paperwork to do which one should we do, then they said I was shipping to much, very small boes containing toy cars etc. Then they said I wouldn't pay the taxes, these people are hilarious, they change the story every 5 minutes. Ive told them the items I bought I would gladly pay the taxes all along, its like watching the 3 stooges, slapstick comedy.

But now the women in charge gave me someone else to talk to thats in charge of their area.

The six months thing is for folks with some sort of a residence permit, you don't have that. You are a tourist, you don't get 6 months or one month or whatever timeframe to import your household belongings since being a tourist you don't need to do any importation.

I was polite and said please and thank you for 2 weeks traveling back and forth wasting 2 hours every 2 days, then on week 3 I went to another guy who made the first guy look for my packages that he then FOUND. Open I might add,

they told me I could only get 2 packages a year and thats not what the law says, no where found another link today.

http://www.lanacion....ras-en-internet

It appears from this link a traveler can get up to 300 dollar in packages monthly, then have to pay a 50 percent tax.

Here's the article that mentions 2 items per year thing: http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1657719-solo-se-podran-hacer-dos-compras-online-por-ano , this was decided by the government one day after the article you linked to. This is Argentina, if you can't keep up with changing resolutions and decrees then you're being a "tourist" in the wrong country. Whether these practices are right or wrong, these are within the power of the government and have not been legally or constitutionally challenged yet.

Wait how did I break the law, its not a LAW by the way its a resolution signed only by the head of AFIP.

Second the resolution says you can buy these things, you just have to pay a tax, or am I reading an old resolution.

The RESOLUTION is pretty simple but doesnt say it even applies to Americans, it says for Argentinians.

http://www.afip.gov....talSystem.asp#p

http://www.afip.gob....talSystem.asp#m

SO I COMMITTED NO CRIME< no contraban in here! The postal AFIP agent did, lying saying she worked for Immigracion.

Oh wait my voltmeter isnt in the shipment anyway its lost, (SOME ARGENTINIAN STOLE THEM)

its a low cost guazmeter and a radio, but any at any rate where do you see i broke the resolution buying contraban?

You make me sound like a criminal, I checked the resolution before i bought, nothing about the items i bought, so where do you get that?

I suggest you read the RESOLUTION, and tell me where it even applies to me a foreigner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

The RESOLUTION is pretty simple but doesnt say it even applies to Americans, it says for Argentinians.

http://www.afip.gov....talSystem.asp#p

http://www.afip.gob....talSystem.asp#m

No, it does not. Read the resolution.

No I did not change the facts, the facts are the facts. Some were presents, some toys for my son for Christmas, and a some for in laws- the ones I haven't gotten were for me.

I have never changed what I am saying.

And according to your government, which I spoke to several prominent officials BEFORE i ordered the items, I wasn't covered by the resolution to KEEP Argentinian money in argentina, my bank account is from the USA. I am a tourist.

Its like saying we can tax everyones income if they come to our country for vacation. Anyway have a good vacation.

It doesn't matter where your bank account is from. The burden of proof is on you and its up to them whether they accept the proof you provide or not. The resolution is pretty clearcut. You want access to your items, fill out the AFIP form. It applies the same to everyone. That is the nature of things here.

This isn't a question of whether the practices of this government are morally okay or not. This is a question of whether you understand the local regulations, laws and decrees. You don't seem to have an understanding of what the resolution says. What the consul told you quite honestly doesn't matter since the resolution does not say "American? It don't apply to you!".

Now in my opinion if its true what you're saying about the officials at the correo and the way they treated you, it is wrong. However them being wrong about one thing does not mean you can go and change the interpretation of laws and regulations.

And now you're complaining about things being logical or not. No one ever said or thought that government regulations, in any part of the world, would be logical. It is the way it is. Laws and regulations are the way they are, deal with it. If you don't like the regulations, too bad, because you're a tourist and don't have the right to vote against those whose officials put these regulations forward.

Hopefully you can sort this mess out for yourself. And if you are successful, please post it here as well. Good luck.

As for you not wanting to take crap from correo officials, if you feel so strongly about it I suggest you hire a lawyer and take them to court. If you're successful in court, that'll teach them a lesson. If you fail, you would have failed after doing something instead of just writing about it. Regardless of the outcome of this though, the resolution is not magically going to change for you.

As for you not wanting to take crap from correo officials, if you feel so strongly about it I suggest you hire a lawyer and take them to court. If you're successful in court, that'll teach them a lesson. If you fail, you would have failed after doing something instead of just writing about it. Regardless of the outcome of this though, the resolution is not magically going to change for you.

I didn't expect it too. I appreciate the time you took to write this, I was only writing to document or show others what occurred. I didnt expect a correo official to lie saying they were immigrations, Thats a criminal matter not civil.

Again Thank you for taking the time to give detailed explanations of the points.

Back