Cost Of Living

Make sure the salary is tied to the U$Dollar. Because of run away inflation $8000 this months may only be worth $7.500 next month.

But in your other posts you have made it clear that you are miserable here and can't wait to get out!

Why would you do anything to encourage this potentially wretched human being to move to Argentina?

Good Lord, I would never do something so cruel as encourage someone to move to this hell hole!

I'm just saying you can survive, just like you can eat an elephant one bite at a time.

It can be done, even though no sane person should do it...

Make sure the salary is tied to the U$Dollar. Because of run away inflation $8000 this months may only be worth $7.500 next month.
\\

I made a xoom transfer last week at about 8.2 to one. Today its over 8.9 to one.

Good Lord, I would never do something so cruel as encourage someone to move to this hell hole!

I'm just saying you can survive, just like you can eat an elephant one bite at a time.

It can be done, even though no sane person should do it...

I would recommend it to anyone earning enough to support themselves. Moving for a salary less than 8k without savings in USD would be extremely naive and inviting trouble and poverty.

Some research would have helped.

Can I ask what the position is because 8000 pesos is a pretty entry level salary at this point. As people have mentioned you really are not going to get very far on it.

I'd say overall, you could live a modest life here with that, but you really need to consider if moving across the planet for a measly 800 dollars a month is really worth it...

You can survive with np sharing a flat/renting a room. But current inflation will make it each day harder, so I wouldn't recommend it unless your income is tied to the dollar. As you could find very nerving lowering your life standard every couple of months. E.G. I got rid of cable, because I just watched online or Futbol para Todos that's free.
I lived the first half of 2013 alone, without paying rent and working from home, making an average of about $5k.
$1.5k for groceries (nowadays $2k) $1,5k services and expensas, Eating outside in quite cheap places ($60/$70) about once/twice a week. Rest for buses and little pleasures. Savings close to none.

Can I ask what the position is because 8000 pesos is a pretty entry level salary at this point. As people have mentioned you really are not going to get very far on it.

Entry level is minimum? If so, it's 3000 pesos "neto". Source: Friend that works for the city, and he's on monotributo! So, 3400 pesos or so "bruto".

\\

I made a xoom transfer last week at about 8.2 to one. Today its over 8.9 to one.

Steve, where are you looking? Right now on xoom, [background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]1 USD = 9.8152 ARS, and it's been higher several days this week. (I hate this buggy editor. Bold text not intentional.)[/background]

I don't mean minimum wage. I mean someone with a university degree and maybe starting their first or second job. I am not referring to any stats. Just info that I have from people around me that work for companies.

Back