Counterfeit $100 Pesos From An Atm On Scalabrini!

I'm pretty sure I got a fake 100 bill from an ATM when I got here years ago (as I only got money from the ATM and you don't get 100's as change); on the other hand, after dozens of transactions with several cuaves, I never received fake bills there...

BTW: is the access charge on the pic you posted real? You withdraw 100 and get charged 50 more?

I'm pretty sure I got a fake 100 bill from an ATM when I got here years ago (as I only got money from the ATM and you don't get 100's as change); on the other hand, after dozens of transactions with several cuaves, I never received fake bills there...

BTW: is the access charge on the pic you posted real? You withdraw 100 and get charged 50 more?

Yeah. I accidentally only took out 100 for the first transaction. Again, I was drunk. But yeah... two transactions, both doled out counterfeit cash.

Can someone please explain how counterfeit notes end up in ATMS. Call me naive but opening an ATM is not like opening a box of cornflakes right..? Are you (Ustedes) saying the banks are complicit in this or are they incredibly slack in keeping an eye on those (?) that restock the machines?

The two times I got fake notes in last 5 years were from taxi drivers - late in the night-- with me in a inebriated state.

Back