Covid Vaccination Argentina

21 July 2020 at 12:17pm
Sinopharm vaccine induces weaker antibody responses against Delta variant. A study presented today concludes that the people who received it had a reduction of 1.38 times compared to the original virus.
[...]
Argentina is one of the countries that includes it in its vaccination campaign.
Interesting data point, thanks. Argentina should be able to show data for this as well, though, I wonder why there haven't been equivalent studies here. I see that people who got Sinopharm are being offered a second dose fairly quickly, two of my colleagues (in their 40s) have both doses already, one lives in CABA, the other in PBA.

Interesting data point, thanks. Argentina should be able to show data for this as well, though, I wonder why there haven't been equivalent studies here. I see that people who got Sinopharm are being offered a second dose fairly quickly, two of my colleagues (in their 40s) have both doses already, one lives in CABA, the other in PBA.
Updated 26 May 2021

Updated 26 May 2021

Fake news production at its best. Incredible.

Something called timesnownews
WHO document that shows that some of the experts from the global health watchdog have voiced "very low confidence" in data provided by Chinese state-owned drugmaker Sinopharm on its COVID-19 vaccine regarding the risk of serious side-effects in some patients. WHO experts doubt Sinopharm's ability to prevent the disease.

Original quoted article from Reuters
WHO experts have voiced "very low confidence" in data provided by Chinese state-owned drugmaker Sinopharm on its COVID-19 vaccine regarding the risk of serious side-effects in some patients, but overall confidence in its ability to prevent the disease, a document seen by Reuters shows.

Fake news production at its best. Incredible.

Is this fake news as well?
16 July 2021
....The United Arab Emirates, which initially used the Sinopharm shot, has announced that it has made the Pfizer vaccine available as a booster...

16 July 2021

....China’s delayed approval of the BioNTech jab is likely due, in part, to the government publicly casting doubt on the usefulness of mRNA vaccines earlier this year and the promotion of its homegrown alternatives. But the recent rise of the COVID-19 Delta variant may be pushing Beijing to change tack. Amid Delta-driven COVID-19 outbreaks, foreign governments appear to be losing some confidence in the performance of Chinese vaccines compared with mRNA vaccines from companies like BioNTech and Moderna. And Beijing may be coming around to the idea that an mRNA vaccine could bolster its own pandemic response and ease its long-awaited border reopening....

....Instead of mRNA, China’s leading vaccine makers, namely the state-owned Sinopharm and private firm Sinovac, rely on inactivated vaccine technology. These vaccines introduce a killed—or inactivated—form of COVID-19 into the body’s immune system, and China made the bet that using the century-old approach would create fewer regulatory and production problems than newer methods
....“We haven’t seen any strong efforts to promote mRNA vaccines in China,” Huang says. “There is a political concern that if China approves the mRNA vaccines, it might send a signal that leads people to question the effectiveness of the existing [Chinese] vaccines.”....

Updated 9 July 2021

The spread of the Delta variant is raising fresh concerns about the efficacy of Chinese vaccines, which have been central to inoculation efforts in the developing world, as recent data shows the protection provided by Western vaccines waning against the highly contagious variant.

Chinese officials have been analyzing data from an outbreak of the Delta variant in southern China last month, while Sinopharm and Sinovac Biotech Ltd., the country’s leading Covid-19 vaccine developers, have said they are studying Covid-19 variants, including via lab experiments. Both companies have suggested that a third booster shot may be needed to boost protection after their current two-dose regimens....

....Sinovac and Sinopharm didn’t respond to requests for comment. Chinese health experts have so far said little about how well China’s vaccines work against the Delta variant. Feng Zijian, a senior official at the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, is the only high-level Chinese health official who has said publicly that the Delta variant has reduced the efficacy of Chinese vaccines, although he maintains the vaccines still work. The National Health Commission referred to Mr. Feng’s comments and declined to comment further.

Last edited:
Is this fake news as well?
Is this supposed to be an argument supporting the previous article?

century-old approach would create fewer regulatory and production problems
Growing live coronavirus cultures on a commercial scale causes less regulatory and production problems? You can believe whatever you want, naturally.

We got AstraZeneca on Tuesday at costa salguero felt awful since!
I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I was vaccinated with the first dose of AstraZeneca on July 6. I only experienced a slight pain on the
inoculation site for 4 days. My neighbor received the 2nd dose of AstraZeneca at 8:00am at La Rural last week. She complained of "feeling very weak by the time she got home, took 650mg of paracetamol and slept for the next 6 hours. She was fine by that evening. Yet with the first dose she only felt a mild pain on the inoculation site for a couple of days.

Back