Dating Argentines...

Napoleon said:
I love this post! I don't know if I necessarily "Thank" you, but I will say that I will go to sleep with a smile on my face after reading this. Amazing. I couldn't have said it _______ myself.

:D

Hey ! napoleon, if i could make one person smile before sleep.... thats too much for me.. thats the most beatifull thing happened this week.
and thanks to you man !

Just curious if there are many female ex pats in the age range of mid 40s to mid 50s?

I never see many and I suppose most are married.

You might check out a Milonga

I agree. It's hard finding a serious relationship in Argentina, but at least dating an Argentine is more interesting and passionate. Most Americans are too boring... they think that the only place and time for sex is the bed and at night, never kiss passionately (only pecks), and seem to be afraid to display any emotions in public. If you could only Argentinize an American. haha!

And regarding the Telos... it's a great idea and it's not only for people having affairs. It's for everyone who is horny and needs a place for sex. Everywhere else in the world you have to wait for your parents to go on a vacation or business trip to have the house and bring your boyfriend or girlfriend...and sort of PLAN where or how to have sex... or book a real hotel room for just sex. Argentineans are more spontaneous and less repressed about this and I think it's great!

Quote: "in other words. womans here are untouchable.. its cultural!!
thats why a girl here has a angry face all day long.. like smelling sh..t "

I must admit, I have met few Argentinian women. But they do seem like tough eggs to crack. Hell, so do Russian girls at first - but that is not true. I would love some further elaboration on this generalization that BA women are conditioned to be bitchy !?!?!?

I read in another thread that women face a difficult situation finding happiness in a man; marriage; family. That is a strong incentive to be "attractive" to the opposite sex; not repulsive. What am I missing?

And as long as we are on the subject ...

What is the education level, generally, of women in BA ( 20 - 35 years of age). I understand that there is crazy jealousy and a real lack of directness in communication with Latin women in general. I think education / maturity is the only thing that can balance this tendency.

The upper class Colombianas I met all had an "artificial aire" in their manner - stuck up; overly aware of their beauty. They were, however, rather easy to figure out. Of course they wanted to be approached - respectfully. They were curious about me. (Very few Americans ever go to the places I traveled). In the end, the hard exterior gave way to a "normal" interior. I felt the costume was a self defense mechanism worn to avoid embarrassment or rejection of some type. It is an inferiority complex. I would guess the same is true with the reports and observations I am reading about...

rivardco said:
And as long as we are on the subject ...

What is the education level, generally, of women in BA ( 20 - 35 years of age). I understand that there is crazy jealousy and a real lack of directness in communication with Latin women in general. I think education / maturity is the only thing that can balance this tendency.

The upper class Colombianas I met all had an "artificial aire" in their manner - stuck up; overly aware of their beauty. They were, however, rather easy to figure out. Of course they wanted to be approached - respectfully. They were curious about me. (Very few Americans ever go to the places I traveled). In the end, the hard exterior gave way to a "normal" interior. I felt the costume was a self defense mechanism worn to avoid embarrassment or rejection of some type. It is an inferiority complex. I would guess the same is true with the reports and observations I am reading about...

Jealousy does not have education

Hi, im an argentinean living in argentina. I agree with most of you about the argentinean, probably latin jealousy and outrage traits.
I lived in uk where i was in a relationship with a british guy for three years and I have to say that these cultural differences that you mention here may be a problem unless you find the way of getting over them.

Personally i suppose i was fiery -i know it's cultural though-, I’d say immature more than anything. And this was probably at least one of the things that spoiled our relationship. However, I think i really did change living in that country and actually merged with their culture, which is really hard for the moment you have to get back to your place of origin. I came back here considerably changed, with different ideas and outlooks on life, different food tastes and different sense of humour, etc.

So, then I felt it really difficult to fit here again, which is a bummer cos I was still a foreigner for british people but also felt a foreigner in my own country.

Anyway, I’m even making a very amateur short movie with a group of people from a cinema workshop as I find this subject so interesting and startling from the point of view that only being an Argentinean who lived in a different culture can you realise of these facts.

Also you can’t absolutely generalize about these things. I’ve met cool, laid-back, chilled out people in Argentina too, even though I suppose they are a minority, but they do exist!

I bet if you gave the chance to those jealous explosive argentineans to know better, they'd probably change.

Back