Dating in Buenos Aires.

polostar88 said:
...There isn't a man who is a man who would ever agree to marry the typical American "professional" urban woman or the entitled Portena or Mexico City princess...why in the world would anyone put up with that?

Family connections. There are loads of people throughout the world in loveless marriages that are more like business relationships than anything else. If Carlos Slim's daughter wanted to marry you, but you found her intolerable, you wouldn't even consider it for a second or two? Money can't buy you love, but love can't buy you anything. You're better off with the money. :)

polostar88 said:
Umm...learn Engrish...."next to American women" means that American women are slightly worse in these ways than Portenas. Argentinian girls from the provinces are better in this regard...

There isn't a man who is a man who would ever agree to marry the typical American "professional" urban woman or the entitled Portena or Mexico City princess...why in the world would anyone put up with that?

Um, could you try to be a little more condescending? I'm unclear as to why you're on such a high horse or feel so entitled. I understood exactly what you meant by saying "Next to American women", which is why I commented. As an American woman, I disagree. Then again, based on the nature of your posts it's highly unlikely that I agree with you about much, or am the type of woman you have experience with. Your definition of "man" is also likely very different than mine.

ETA: I was responding to your origial comment, but I'll back down a bit with your clarification of "typical" princess type women. That I can agree with.

MizzMarr said:
Um, could you try to be a little more condescending? I'm unclear as to why you're on such a high horse or feel so entitled. I understood exactly what you meant by saying "Next to American women", which is why I commented. As an American woman, I disagree. Then again, based on the nature of your posts it's highly unlikely that I agree with you about much, or am the type of woman you have experience with. Your definition of "man" is also likely very different than mine.

Probably, but I learned a long time ago that it's totally useless to pay any attention to what women SAY they want from men.

You have one definition in your mouth, and another more powerful definition somewhere else.

polostar88 said:
Probably, but I learned a long time ago that it's totally useless to pay any attention to what women SAY they want from men.

You have one definition in your mouth, and another more powerful definition somewhere else.

Well, I guess that's another way that I wouldn't fit into the stereotypes. I say what I mean, and mean what I say. I don't play games, don't appreciate them, and don't tolerate them. There are other kinds of women out there than the so-called princesses.

ETA: Just to contribute to the conversation at hand here in the thread: I personally have not dated here (married), but I have five foreign girlfriends who are in relationships with Argentine men, and the men are delightful, sweet, lovely people who don't seem to have any mommy issues or problems cleaning up after themselves. It seems that people can be found who exist outside of stereotypes. :)

Whoa! With some of these responses, we may need to start blocking men (or at least certain men) out of the WOMEN'S FORUM.

Peace!!!

Just like "we" should block Argentines from all forums because they aren't expats?

Who is this "we" you mention?

Igor?

ssr said:
There are loads of people throughout the world in loveless marriages that are more like business relationships than anything else. If Carlos Slim's daughter wanted to marry you, but you found her intolerable, you wouldn't even consider it for a second or two? Money can't buy you love, but love can't buy you anything. You're better off with the money. :)

Just saying.
Solomon,Stedman%20%26%20Oprah.jpg

lol @ this little forum nazi

mmoon said:
Whoa! With some of these responses, we may need to start blocking men (or at least certain men) out of the WOMEN'S FORUM.

Peace!!!

Forum_nazi.jpg

Back