Dating in Buenos Aires.

mmoon said:
Whoa! With some of these responses, we may need to start blocking men (or at least certain men) out of the WOMEN'S FORUM.

Peace!!!

If you go back to the first page of this thread you will see this post by the OP:

nlaruccia said:
Exat mens' stories about Argentinean women are welcome too. I've been here a long time and have discussed this subject with many therapists and analysts about the identity crisis people have here. It's still difficult to understand the dating and marrying codes. I know that fifty years ago men who could afford a mistress had one. Most Argentineans agree that it's perfectly normal for people to date or to marry and both take a lover afterward. Not just the husbands, but the wives now days. It's difficult to get used to the fact that they don't do what they say nor say what they mean. Any thoughts?

Actually it would be nice to revisit the original topic. I know lots of woman who are dating or married to Argentine men but I have only know a couple of men dating Argentine woman. I'd like to know if some of the rumors about the Argentine woman hold as true or if its all an exaggeration. Personally, the girls that I have gotten to know here seem really nice but I am not trying to date them so that might be a different story.

There have been more responses than I expected when I started this thread. If we exclude men from this thread, should we exclude married women as well, since they don't date? Men can't relate to what it's like being a foreign woman living in Buenos Aires, but I think almost everyone can add an element of interest based on their experience to this thread.

since this site censors and bans people without warning I have gone with my thoughts elsewhere

Wow, Digger, you really know your stuff. I just read another post of yours about Argentine coffee and that was spot on as well. Nice to read some well-informed posts here instead of the usual back-and-forth ranting.

The only thing I would add is that since, like you said, men everywhere want to have sex with just about every woman they see (well, the ones they're attracted to), and men everywhere tend to figure out pretty quickly when they have access to lots of available women, that both local and foreign men in a place like Argentina are usually going to hop from one woman to the next. Argies are a bit more obnoxious about it, of course, but it's not as if expat men don't figure out rather quickly upon arriving in Argentina that they can jump in the sack with lots of women and then "dump them unceremoniously and move to the next victim."

I wouldn't be surprised if the birthrate in Argentina drops to Italian levels as Argentine women grow more financially independent and less willing to marry and reproduce with cheating douchebags. Which should lead to a more diverse and interesting Argentina as immigrants (mostly non-white) come to fill in the gaps.

Digger said:
It is part of our animal make up to cover as many females as possible to perpetrate the species, even if wearing a condom the urge remains. .....
I am dateable, btw. Would love to find an attractive, independent cosmopolitan chick preferably working for herself and with time to burn, a knack for adventures, and Tango. PM me.

Good luck in finding your cosmopolitan soul mate, but do us all a favor. Make sure the condom doesn't tear. We would not want to pollute the gene pool. That also goes for your admirers and especially d*ckhead, polostar88. He should wear two, just in case.

since this site censors and bans people without warning I have gone with my thoughts elsewhere
progress.gif
http://baexpats.org/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=75290

I have to agree with most of what you said about men here. I tried to be more delicate about it, but you hit the nail on the head. As a foreigner that has been living here for a long time, most of them men fit to a tee the description you've depicted. However, I've met a few really good guys. The problem is, they can't decide what they want nor with whom and they get confused.

Since so many of the men here like to score women's phone numbers as if it were a game, to boost their ego or for whatever psychological or social reason they do it, I stopped giving out my number a long time ago. I turn it around and oblige them to put the control into my hands. In other words girls, don't give out your phone number. Take his, and if you feel like it and when you feel like it, you can call him.

Back