Dealing with noisy neighbour in an apartment block

The silence is deafening! It's been a week. I know they're home at night, because I see the lights on. But the television noise has ceased finally after two years of trying to get cooperation and respect for the house rules.

I haven't moved my bed back into the bedroom yet. I have hope.

The silence is deafening! It's been a week. I know they're home at night, because I see the lights on. But the television noise has ceased finally after two years of trying to get cooperation and respect for the house rules.

I haven't moved my bed back into the bedroom yet. I have hope.

I've been told that many conflicts in Argentina are resolved when one side brings large, scary men.

I moved my bed back to the bedroom two months ago. I endured constant television noise even when they weren't home. Things are normal for the first time in 14 years. They go to sleep at 11,30 every night, so I can, too.

A noisy tenant, who lived above my next-door neighbor's apartment, moved out after 12 years. I heard her stomping in the apartment at all hours of the day and night, door slamming, loud talking in the hallway, etc. Another noise problem has been resolved in our building.

The silence is truly deafening.

I moved my bed back to the bedroom two months ago. I endured constant television noise even when they weren't home. Things are normal for the first time in 14 years. They go to sleep at 11,30 every night, so I can, too.

A noisy tenant, who lived above my next-door neighbor's apartment, moved out after 12 years. I heard her stomping in the apartment at all hours of the day and night, door slamming, loud talking in the hallway, etc. Another noise problem has been resolved in our building.

The silence is truly deafening.

Wow that was a truly epic test of endurance and perseverance! After all these years you 'won'!

One of our employees last night was taken to hospital after returning from a wedding at 4am and asking the neighbours to turn down the music. She's pregnant. They have a small child. Husband was physically attacked and the police were called. The neighbours have said they'll kill them if they don't drop the denuncia. Barro Norte. They're urgently looking to move. Ugly situation.

Yes, I know people that have had similar types of issues. Even in instances where there was no physical violence there was constant harassment like calling at all hours of the night and hanging up, ringing their doorbell and waking them up in the middle of the night over and over, etc.

I came over to this thread as you posted about it in another thread. I expected to read how smooth the process went by going to that website and starting the process there but it sounds like anything but smooth, quick and efficient.

Last edited:
The harassment with phone calls, etc. reminded me of the time I had to do something radical to make a point when the two women downstairs were uncooperative. I bought a pair of tap shoes, put on a Frank Sinatra album, and danced for 40 minutes without stopping. On another occasion I danced on the ceramic tile floor in the bathroom late at night when they were trying to sleep. They got the message.

The harassment with phone calls, etc. reminded me of the time I had to do something radical to make a point when the two women downstairs were uncooperative. I bought a pair of tap shoes, put on a Frank Sinatra album, and danced for 40 minutes without stopping. On another occasion I danced on the ceramic tile floor in the bathroom late at night when they were trying to sleep. They got the message.

Yes, sometimes you just have to take approaches like that to deal with problems.

I tried once playing The Beatles out loud at 4 am. I really had to do it....

Give them a taste of their own medicine. Find out when their rest time is, and make a little noise yourself. :)

Ultimately you followed my suggestion, I gave you 2 years ago, I believe :)

Back