Didn't Receive 90 Day Stamp Upon Re-Entry To Arg. In Iguazu

JoshF, you said you went to Uruguay on the 86th day. Did you come back to Arg. before the 90th day, or after? If you came back after the 90th day, then it seems you were given another 90 days on your return or else you would have told you had overstayed the original 90 days when you came back.

It was just a day trip so I may have overstayed now like u said I guess if that's the case Ill deal with it when I leave next time but stamp I got was marked same exact way when I came from California no 3 month stamp just entry stamp with tourist box checked and signed.

If I overstayed I got questions like where to pay and how much do I need to leave for a certain amount of time or can I pay leave and come right back same day?

Westofwall, I think our situation a extremely similar, I didnt overstay 90days from arrival (even though arrival stamp did not have 3 month stamp aswell) it was a day trip and I went with Argie friend that drove.

OK, so I guess the first person to leave should report back here what happened.

To pay the fine at EZE, see this post, it explains it. I'd leave an extra hour at the airport to deal with it. You probably won't need that much time, but you never know.

http://baexpats.org/topic/31725-paying-overstay-fee-at-eze-at-night/

If you're not leaving from EZE, it's more complicated to pay the fine, this thread talks about that.

http://baexpats.org/topic/32309-can-you-still-pay-overstay-exit-fee-at-aeroparque-airport/

Supposedly you can now pay it online as well, not sure of the details.

I think you can return right away after paying the fine, but there is always the risk of triggering the dreaded 'perma-tourist' response at the border, where they could conceivably not let you back in.

Sorry for my ignorance but if I'm not positive I overstayed how do I find out?

When I go to leave next time will they tell me? paying the fee is not a huge deal but if I need to pay before I leave and I'm not even sure if I have to pay what then?

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that they gave you an entry stamp without the 90 days when you first arrived to EZE. When you arrived to EZE from California did you have a previous 90 days stamp that was still valid from a previous entry?

I spent 85 days here went back to Cali stayed in Cali for about 6 months and came back. So my 90 days was almost up before I left.

You've already overstayed if they didn't extend you after your stop in Uruguay, so I wouldn't worry about it until you're ready to leave Arg. again.

But that's the problem when it's time to leave Arg.--we don't know if we will have overstayed or not. Do we try to go to our gate and hope it's not a problem at the immigration desk when we leave? Or do we go to where you pay the fine and ask them what the deal is? The latter seems to be looking for trouble, but the former might require you to backtrack to where you pay the fine.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll probably try to go to my gate, but leave plenty of extra time in case I get sent back to pay the fine.

Actually had it happen to me a long time ago. And it was valid for 90 days from the date of that entry. Agent just didn't stamp put the 90 day stamp but didn't matter at all.

since you went to Uruguay within the 90 day period, you are still on that initial 90 day visa therefore they didn't need to give you another 90 day stamp. I believe they only give you a new 90 days tourist stamp if you leave on the 90th day and return after that date, or in some cases are nice and give you another if you return same day

Nopt exactly accurate. That only applies if you have an extension from migraciones. The agents at the border won't override the date on the extension granted. . Otherwise leaving and re-entering (assuming no problem) will restart the 90 days.

Back