Discrimination at Campeonato Metropolitano de Tango

GuilleGee said:
I think this country is great because it has laws that are so non-discriminative. But I think if you see something wrong with what I wrote above, it isn't about discrimination anymore it is about fairy tale land vs. real life.

More or less, in fact the judge already ordered to allow a Canadian/Argentinian couple to participate and they are at the finals on the 3 contest (tango, milonga, vals). So, this is not regarding fairy tales. Regards

GuilleGee said:
it isn't about discrimination anymore it is about fairy tale land vs. real life.

There was once a place called Argentina:

The judge canceled the Campeonato Metropolitano de Tango and ordered to restart it again without xenophobia.

1-6.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

Well, before that one the news was in another 30 newspapers. Today we were on radio and tomorrow we might be at TV.

fotoconlacautelar.jpg

Regards

Update:
We were at the Washington Post last week:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303661904576456210544473444.html

And today the government of Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires created a new category allowing foreigners who live in Argentina to compete, no matter their legal status. Look that passport is enough. They didn´t do this because they are good people, they did it because we enforced the National Constitution (bill of rights) and the judge ordered.

The category includes expat/expat & Argentinian/expat couples.

They winners go straight to the semi-finals as well as Argentinians couples.

I didn´t have access to the new reglamentation, but on Monday I am going to see the file at Court.

Metropolitano.jpg

I disagree with this solution, I believe that Argentinians, expats and Argentinian/expat couples should compete together, but it is a huge advance.

As I always assert, you have rights, enforce them!

Regards

There is already mounting animosity towards foreigners who have robbed the locals of their tango. I wonder whether this will have a positive effect or just compound things...

Back