Dish Washing Sponge Vs. Brush

When hand washing dishes what do you prefer?

• Sponge

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Brush

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
When we redid the apt , of course the wife insisted on a dishwasher. I use a brush and a
dishrag , and wash it every couple days. Sponges are just gross.

Always used a sponge in the UK, dont like the brushes because you cant get into the corners and scrub the stuborn dirt off as easily. One thing i noticed is that the abrasive side of sponges here are useless. They fall apart after a few weeks. In regards cleanliness, surely you put detergent on the sponge first which is cleaning the sponge and the dishes? And if you dont like getting your hands wet, buy some plastic gloves.

One thing I noticed here is they dont like soaking dishes, just running water. I was always taught to soak everything in hot water with detergent and then rinse them as you scrub. That gets rid of the grease and dirt. Here they think its dirty if you do that, and prefer just rinsing. Each to their own I guess.

I still haven't found a dishwashing brush, I've been in several stores, kitchen stores, hardware stores, jumbo.... And every person I have asked looks at me liked I'm crazy.

Always used a sponge in the UK, dont like the brushes because you cant get into the corners and scrub the stuborn dirt off as easily. One thing i noticed is that the abrasive side of sponges here are useless. They fall apart after a few weeks. In regards cleanliness, surely you put detergent on the sponge first which is cleaning the sponge and the dishes? And if you dont like getting your hands wet, buy some plastic gloves.

One thing I noticed here is they dont like soaking dishes, just running water. I was always taught to soak everything in hot water with detergent and then rinse them as you scrub. That gets rid of the grease and dirt. Here they think its dirty if you do that, and prefer just rinsing. Each to their own I guess.

Hah, same difference here between me and my boyfriend (hes Spanish, im Dutch). I cant stand it when he does the dishes like his mom taught him, under running water. Or worse, when he first holds them under running water, scrubs all of them with detergent (leaving them all soaped in on the counter), and then all holds them under running water again. Ive also been taught to soak them.

There's a product I've seen at the local chino. It's a bath sponge with a piece of loofa affixed to the back. The product name is Boob

Yes, I'm serious.

Back