Do Argentinians Use Their Dogs As Weapons In Ba?

It interesting that dog owners always compare dogs to humans as if they are on an equal level. Some kids are delinquents so it's not unreasonable to expect some dogs to be delinquents too. And the problems with dogs are from inadequate training or care.

The distinction is that dogs don't need to be in the city. People have to be in the city to work, study, raise children etc. There are laws in certain places to prevent people from having livestock in the city. In Havana my landlord was raising a pig on the roof!

Dogs are a public nuisance: biting, barking, waste products everywhere. They should be removed from the city but we all know that is never going to happen.

Responsible neighbors are that, with or without dogs.(by the way cat scat is known to carry infectious diseases) I always clean up after my dog, all my dogs have been trained in socialization, and I don't ignore their barking. I think the bottom line is there are PEOPLE who are considerate and responsible neighbors/citizens or pet owners, and those who aren't.
Plenty of people litter the streets, deface buildings, and/or make too much noise. Crying babies make more noise than dogs. The issue is in people's attitude; having consideration and respect for your neighbors and neighborhood should always be a guiding factor.

by the way cat scat is known to carry infectious diseases

Are you talking about toxoplasmosis? You're more likely to get it from veggies and fruit than from cat poop, believe me.
The only thing I got from a cat was some fungus on my skin because the tiny creature was covered in fungus and I had no other way to save him than touching him. Besides, I think I got any other disease I can remember from other human beings!

Responsible neighbors are that, with or without dogs.(by the way cat scat is known to carry infectious diseases) I always clean up after my dog, all my dogs have been trained in socialization, and I don't ignore their barking. I think the bottom line is there are PEOPLE who are considerate and responsible neighbors/citizens or pet owners, and those who aren't.
Plenty of people litter the streets, deface buildings, and/or make too much noise. Crying babies make more noise than dogs. The issue is in people's attitude; having consideration and respect for your neighbors and neighborhood should always be a guiding factor.
unbelievable but there you have it. Not making this up.

:lol: how does a cat that is "running free" represent a "public health hazard"?

Feral and other free-roaming cats can be vectors for rabies and cat scratch fever (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_scratch_disease), not to mention toxoplasmosis: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/03/how-your-cat-is-making-you-crazy/308873/. In case you hadn't noticed, Buenos Aires suffers from an appalling infestation of feral cats.

It interesting that dog owners always compare dogs to humans as if they are on an equal level. Some kids are delinquents so it's not unreasonable to expect some dogs to be delinquents too. And the problems with dogs are from inadequate training or care.

The distinction is that dogs don't need to be in the city. People have to be in the city to work, study, raise children etc. There are laws in certain places to prevent people from having livestock in the city. In Havana my landlord was raising a pig on the roof!

Dogs are a public nuisance: biting, barking, waste products everywhere. They should be removed from the city but we all know that is never going to happen.

Many dogs are working breeds, ranging from dachshunds and Jack Russell Terriers to Rottweilers and Irish wolfhounds, though many are primarily companion animals (which, at least in California, makes them de facto working animals). I agree that there are many people who should not have dogs, and that there is an overpopulation that I, reluctantly, would not oppose euthanasia as a last resort for controlling their numbers. There needs to be strict of enforcement of license and leash laws, and requiring dog owners to clean up their pet's waste.

Many dogs are working breeds, ranging from dachshunds and Jack Russell Terriers to Rottweilers and Irish wolfhounds, though many are primarily companion animals (which, at least in California, makes them de facto working animals). I agree that there are many people who should not have dogs, and that there is an overpopulation that I, reluctantly, would not oppose euthanasia as a last resort for controlling their numbers. There needs to be strict enforcement of license and leash laws, and requiring dog owners to clean up their pet's waste.
(emphasis mine)

QFT

they cannot even respect or enforce those BIG red octagonal signs at street corners.. :unsure:

Feral and other free-roaming cats can be vectors for rabies and cat scratch fever (http://en.wikipedia....scratch_disease), not to mention toxoplasmosis: http://www.theatlant...-crazy/308873/. In case you hadn't noticed, Buenos Aires suffers from an appalling infestation of feral cats.

I have yet to experience any type of nuisance from a cat, in my whole life. I did however in my three months here in BA, had plenty of bad experiences related to dogs. Again, what is your point? Worry more about them flying things above your head for diseases than cats, and while on the subject of 'infestation' and diseases,.. did you see them? I did. Who or what do you think keeps them away from humans? Dogs? Let me know if that was too cryptic.

Ever been woken up by a tom cat howling at 2 am?
What a god awful, blood curdling racket.
One woke me up the other night and out I crept in my dressing gown, water pistol in hand, but they're too damn quick, the blighters!

Ever been woken up by a tom cat howling at 2 am?
What a god awful, blood curdling racket.
One woke me up the other night and out I crept in my dressing gown, water pistol in hand, but they're too damn quick, the blighters!

How is this any different from dogs barking day and night for no apparent reason? Cats are very quiet animals, they make noise only when in love or in danger, while dogs barks for excitement/when alerts. Basically always.

Back