Do Argentinians Use Their Dogs As Weapons In Ba?

but, but, there are hundreds of lions, tigers and leopards that did not attack ppl. So it must be alright then to walk in your respective neighborhood with one of those on a leach. The exp<b></b>ression of horror on your faces, realizing that you are in proximity with some animal that can rip you in pieces, is really your problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Yeah jajajajajaj si tigers on a LEACH .... jajjajajaj thats a first for me?

I can't believe people that have this mentality about dogs. Yes there are some dogs that are stronger and can pose a potential danger but the aggression that comes from them is 9 times out of 10 due to the way their OWNER trained them. I in no way am trying to downplay how sad it is when there is a case where a person is killed by a dog. But please look at the cases where a dog is horribly mistreated, abused or killed by the hands of a human. I think if we compared those numbers we would blatantly be able to see which is really the more aggressive and dangerous "breed".

The issue is not apportioning blame to the dog or the dog owner but acknowledging the problem exists and finding a solution. Cities are really not an appropriate place for dogs. Dogs require space to run. Dog owners have to give up there selfish need for companionship and find a home for the dogs in the country.

We need to come to an agreement that: Dogs within the Capital are henceforth prohibited!

Yes there are some dogs that are stronger and can pose a potential danger but the aggression that comes from them is 9 times out of 10 due to the way their OWNER trained them.

I don't understand why there are animals that needs to be tamed as pet animals. Loving an animal is respecting its nature, whether aggressive or affectionate towards human beings, whether it means let it run wild or cared for in a home.

I am against race breeding and all of that sort of stuff, whose benefit is solely for the human owner and NEVER for the animal itself. Indeed, they develop all sort of physical and behavioral issues as a result of selective breeding.

OK, we have a scientific study versus a document from an organization which is against pitbulls - which one do we believe?

Even if we are not sure, let's look how those numbers are created:
- "Compiled by the editor of ANIMAL PEOPLE from press accounts since 1982" - so they take press articles as the source for their numbers. This is a huge bias. First, its not reliable, second, you have a selection bias. It's the same when you would use this kind of data to determine crime rates based on nationality. Most newspaper either print selectively (more likely a story is made if a pitbull bites someone compared to another "non-dangerous" dog), or leave the breed out in cases where its not one of the "dangerous" dogs.
- For many incidents, the dog escapes after the bite. Afterwards, asked for the race, the choice pitbull is probably more likely than others, which is another bias
- There are no reliable information about the breeds in the US, so the % of dogs numbers are just wild guesses. These are, however, pretty relevant to put any absolute figure into context.

Have your read your scientific study? It does not look at specific breeds at all ... talking about "useless" in this context. Do you have other statistics?

City dwelling makes a lot of humans aggressive also and they go out and commit crimes, sometimes violent. Maybe we should ban them from living in cities.
Re breeds: the whole point is that each breed has its own uniform characteristics and are bred with certain purposes in mind. Some breeds, even large ones like Great Danes, are very sedentary by nature and fine in apartments, other small ones are hyper and need to run.
My dog worked in the US as a therapy dog, bringing endless hours of smiles to children and adults in hospitals, schools and rehab centers. And she has gotten me thru some very difficult times. Research has shown the BENEFICIAL effects of pets in lowering blood pressure and anxiety and of course saving lives as service animals. Shame on those of you who propose prohibiting them from cities. I suspect more juvenile delinquents hurt people than dogs. So maybe we should ban them from cities too. After all don't kids need to run?.....

Domestic animals have evolved with humans, and there's a place for them in both the city and the countryside. In the city, though, animal owners need to balance the animals' needs with respect for their neighbors. Neither dogs nor cats should be running free except for dogs in specifically designated areas, as both can be public health hazards. As Coqueta says, some dogs are suitable for apartments, while others are not.

Germano, yes I read the study and I actually understand it. From the abstract: "These data suggest that although general characteristics of dogs and owners may be a factor at population level, it would be inappropriate to make assumptions about an individual animal's risk of aggression to people based on characteristics such as breed."
There are also other results in line:
http://www.realclearscience.com/articles/2014/01/15/dog_aggression_has_little_to_do_with_breed_108449.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24299544?dopt=Abstract

Now feel free to read it or stick to common prejudice - I won't try to convince anyone as I'm not eager to be the next Sisyphus.

Lacoqueta, this is exactly what I dislike! You don't "create" animals for a purpose, you make stuff for that.

"Re breeds: the whole point is that each breed has its own uniform characteristics and are bred with certain purposes in mind"

I don't like the assumption that the man is the owner of al of the nature's resources. Next we will have doctors bred, lawyers bred, engineers bred, every one with its glitches... But we need them for a purpose, right? What will be yours?!

Reactions: Joe
Domestic animals have evolved with humans, and there's a place for them in both the city and the countryside. In the city, though, animal owners need to balance the animals' needs with respect for their neighbors. Neither dogs nor cats should be running free except for dogs in specifically designated areas, as both can be public health hazards. As Coqueta says, some dogs are suitable for apartments, while others are not.
:lol: how does a cat that is "running free" represent a "public health hazard"?

Back