Economists warn electing Milei would spell devastation

And as of tomorrow, Massa has announced he is taking leave from his role as Minister of the Economy. What a coward. Zero responsibility, zero accountability.

Also, coincidentally, Alberto and Cristina will both be traveling abroad.

Since now they have no need for the devastatingly expensive political campaigning (e.g. suppression of official dollar, food price subsidies etc) at the public’s expense, they are simply walking away and leaving it to someone else to do their dirty work and let the real economy catch up with reality they have been keeping it so far away from for the past months/ years.

I’d be watching the official this week and not the blue, if they let the official go there would be no need for a blue (or at least such a brecha between the two rates)

And as of tomorrow, Massa has announced he is taking leave from his role as Minister of the Economy. What a coward. Zero responsibility, zero accountability.

Since now they have no need for the devastatingly expensive political campaigning (e.g. suppression of official dollar, food price subsidies etc) at the public’s expense, they are simply walking away and leaving it to someone else to do their dirty work and let the real economy catch up with reality they have been keeping it so far away from for the past months/ years.

I’d be watching the official this week and not the blue, if they let the official go there would be no need for a blue (or at least such a brecha between the two rates)
I think the problem is far far worse than Massa, Cristina, and the President all being awol at the same moment, or even the debt rollover talks coming in, or even the congressional balance that has sort of already doomed Milei's presidency, or the complete dedication of the state employees to foiling and disobeying Milei at every turn.

I think it's also that Milei has gravely underestimated the scale of the problem and is the dog that caught the car. Forget Trump or Bolsonaro, who were incompetent self-servicers that inherited well-performing countries and economies. Milei is a guy way smarter than both, but who has far less power to change things and a far far more catastrophic situation. He may end up following through on his most radical ideas (in fact, I think for sure he will) because there is no other plausible path, everything else has been tried.

Like, the guy is about to become the most hated man in the history of Argentina, while he completely reforms politics, and probably does make Argentina a lot wealthier.

Rats from a sinking ship.

This stuff is painful for me to watch since I work ballot processing when I'm in the States, and had to hear all the nonsense about "fraud" in 2020; which was easily explained if anyone had bothered to ask someone who actually did the work. People being all,"why are they stopping at 2 am!?"... As if a bunch of local retirees earning minimum wage were going to drink red bull and pull an all-nighter to get it done ASAP. Uh, nope. Not how it goes.

Market is up heavily for US traded argentinian stocks (MERVAL closed until tomorrow).

Compare this to Alberto winning and the market seems to be way more optimistic about Argentina's future.

Market is up heavily for US traded argentinian stocks (MERVAL closed until tomorrow).

Compare this to Alberto winning and the market seems to be way more optimistic about Argentina's future.
ADR's of Argentinean stocks in WS up 42 % or more. The dollar official tomorrow estimated at $500/$600 pesos according to C5N expert Bercovich

Back