Ezieza Taxi Costs

With Taxi Ezeiza you pay inside the airport at their little stand, right outside the sliding security doors, where everyone is standing around waiting for people to arrive, the little booth is hard to miss, it is the first thing you see really in Argentina. As far as negotiating a price I think their prices are pretty set, and as soon as you pay, obviously there is no negotiations with the driver. I paid 38 dollars at the booth, she gave me two dollars in change, I paid with two twenties and a man came and took my bag to the car and driver. The driver took me to my destination and that was that.

With Taxi Ezeiza you pay inside the airport at their little stand, right outside the sliding security doors, where everyone is standing around waiting for people to arrive, the little booth is hard to miss, it is the first thing you see really in Argentina. As far as negotiating a price I think their prices are pretty set, and as soon as you pay, obviously there is no negotiations with the driver. I paid 38 dollars at the booth, she gave me two dollars in change, I paid with two twenties and a man came and took my bag to the car and driver. The driver took me to my destination and that was that.

Good solid, specific information, thanks very much!

I only used Taxi Ezeiza once and the driver was on something and driving so aggressively that it practically scared me to death. I tried the service recommended by PhilipDT and it was just as he said, the best price ($275 including tolls FROM EZE) but that will probably continue to change) and great service. The company is owned by a very nice Uruguayan guy and I can highly recommend them. viasatelital @ gmail . com (without the spaces of course). The phone numbers on his card are 3529 9169 and 15 3544 9725. I don't think anybody offers this kind of reliable service at this price range. Thanks again PhilipDT for the referral!

Taxi drivers who bring travelers to Ezeiza are hoping to find passengers leaving Ezeiza for the city, only they're not allowed to get new passengers by the airport mafia to do so. Some get away with it. Just make sure it's a radio taxi. Make a note of the taxi number, the driver's name, agency phone number, etc. for your record.

This is an opportunity to make a deal with a driver, depending on your destination and how much you are willing to pay. It never hurts to try. Go to the end of the terminal where you'll catch an empty taxi to negotiate a price.

The current fares are still relatively inexpensive, especially for travelers with dollars or Euros in their pockets. At ten pesos to 1 dollar, the fare from Ezeiza to the city is still a bargain.

Why is it always Americans who are trying to find the cheapest of everything? They should have been here before 2001 when the dollar was equal to the peso.

Taxi drivers who bring travelers to Ezeiza are hoping to find passengers leaving Ezeiza for the city, only they're not allowed to get new passengers by the airport mafia to do so. Some get away with it. Just make sure it's a radio taxi. Make a note of the taxi number, the driver's name, agency phone number, etc. for your record.

This is an opportunity to make a deal with a driver, depending on your destination and how much you are willing to pay. It never hurts to try. Go to the end of the terminal where you'll catch an empty taxi to negotiate a price.

The current fares are still relatively inexpensive, especially for travelers with dollars or Euros in their pockets. At ten pesos to 1 dollar, the fare from Ezeiza to the city is still a bargain.

Why is it always Americans who are trying to find the cheapest of everything? They should have been here before 2001 when the dollar was equal to the peso.

Who are these "Americans" of whom you speak? How do you presume to judge someone's nationality --- simply because they post to an English speaking forum?

3/26/14

EZE to Suipacha and "Mosho" area (i.e. Mayo)

$41.00 US

Everything was very good

3/26/14

EZE to Suipacha and "Mosho" area (i.e. Mayo)

$41.00 US

Everything was very good

Just a friendly tip Redpossum: It's MAH-sho (MAH as in MAMA and PAPA) with emphasis on first syllable. ;0)

Am I mistaken or were you saying Moe (as and and Larry & Curly)? In that case you are saying "moyo" which is a flower pot!

Just a friendly tip Redpossum: It's MAH-sho (MAH as in MAMA and PAPA) with emphasis on first syllable. ;0)

Am I mistaken or were you saying Moe (as and and Larry & Curly)? In that case you are saying "moyo" which is a flower pot!

TYVM but I got it repeatedly from the taxi driver and desk clerk. I am pronouncing it as you suggested (MAH-sho)

I started to visit bsAs when taxi fair was 38 peso, the good old days. I used to ride taxi for a long long time, still cost nothing, and the lomos and clubs. When can I have that again ?

Back