Ezieza Taxi Costs

Taxi drivers who bring travelers to Ezeiza are hoping to find passengers leaving Ezeiza for the city, only they're not allowed to get new passengers by the airport mafia to do so. Some get away with it. Just make sure it's a radio taxi. Make a note of the taxi number, the driver's name, agency phone number, etc. for your record.

This is an opportunity to make a deal with a driver, depending on your destination and how much you are willing to pay. It never hurts to try. Go to the end of the terminal where you'll catch an empty taxi to negotiate a price.

The current fares are still relatively inexpensive, especially for travelers with dollars or Euros in their pockets. At ten pesos to 1 dollar, the fare from Ezeiza to the city is still a bargain.

Why is it always Americans who are trying to find the cheapest of everything? They should have been here before 2001 when the dollar was equal to the peso.
I always do that, stay away from the section where all people board on taxies, go to the other end, when you see people get off taxi, you negotiate with the driver. Almost every time the driver tries to give me the standard price, I can cut by half or by 30-40%. Even the standard price is OK, I do not like the people at taxi booth.

Taxi drivers who bring travelers to Ezeiza are hoping to find passengers leaving Ezeiza for the city, only they're not allowed to get new passengers by the airport mafia to do so. Some get away with it. Just make sure it's a radio taxi. Make a note of the taxi number, the driver's name, agency phone number, etc. for your record.

This is an opportunity to make a deal with a driver, depending on your destination and how much you are willing to pay. It never hurts to try. Go to the end of the terminal where you'll catch an empty taxi to negotiate a price.

The current fares are still relatively inexpensive, especially for travelers with dollars or Euros in their pockets. At ten pesos to 1 dollar, the fare from Ezeiza to the city is still a bargain.

Why is it always Americans who are trying to find the cheapest of everything? They should have been here before 2001 when the dollar was equal to the peso.
No Americans wanted to visit Argentina in 2001. When I heard the 66% discount when peso crashed, I was on way my to BsAs, lived like a king for a while. Many Argies were suffering at that time, I was shocked to see how people could get screwed so easily. When the crisis hit us in 2009, I was already used to the sh*t happened to people thanks to my experience en BsAs.

I highly recommend a "Remise Service" I have used not just for the airport but for running errands and picking up stuff (like a mattress just the day before yesterday). Nice, courteous people and fairly punctual for Argentinians way of seeing time.

It is called "Remises Delfina" and it is run by a talkative and nice lady called Delfina (not sure if she speaks English though but knowing how she is she will find a way to help you out).

Phones: 4703-2172 -- 4703-0257
Address: Crisologo Larralde 1677

Does anyone know, how much from Ezeiza to Recoleta in Aug2015? as lastest fare.

450 for Taxi Eze according to their website. http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/spa/tarifas

I paid 330 pesos just over a week ago from macrocentro to ezeiza. The hotel booked it for me. It wasn't taxi ezeiza.

I'm usually using this, if I can:
http://www.minibusezeiza.com.ar/transporte-de-pasajeros.php

If not, I go to arrivals and get someone dropping out passengers and negotiate the price. Often they want to drive on taxi meter plus peajes, which is 50% of the "official" price. Always is way cheaper this way, because otherwise they go back empty...

Just to add so there's some more tracking data

August 6th 2015 Villa Urquiza TO Ezeiza = $380 pesos

When I come back in a month will post how much cost back

To EZE from Capital is always cheaper though.

If you are taking a taxi from the airport, 450 is the price doing it through the licensed taxi provider. Yes, you can indeed bargain with a cab but I suggest only doing that if you a) have good Spanish and B) know your way around the city.

Back