Falklands In Light Of Crimea Rhetoric

An anachronism, but no more so than the guards outside the Casa Rosada and the generals who command them. The Governor's position in the Islands is largely ceremonial.

Which is a good thing, because if he's a typical English aristocrat, he's not competent to find his own arse with both hands and a route map.

Basing a claim for sovereignty of the islands on the fact that the Governor dresses funny? If Argentina is committed to not taking this seriously over the long term they should certainly make a note and put it away in their bag of tricks. It's not half as silly as claiming the islands based on bird migration patterns and they've already tried that.

Basing a claim for sovereignty of the islands on the fact that the Governor dresses funny? If Argentina is committed to not taking this seriously over the long term they should certainly make a note and put it away in their bag of tricks. It's not half as silly as claiming the islands based on bird migration patterns and they've already tried that.

I think they claim the other islands on the fact they're close by and something to do with a stamp with a whaling boat on it or something! :lol:

I think Argentina has a superior claim on Las Malvinas because they have better pizza than in the UK. The UN declaration on the Basic Rights of Humanity, Section 127-F, specifically guarantees the right to a pizza with a generous portion of cheese. BTW, it says nothing about tomato sauce.

img_4455.jpg

Let's try to keep this rational. I totally disagree with Red's backing of the CFK rhetoric and I don't think Argentina has any case at all. However it's not right if we all start ganging up on Red. Let's keep it friendly.

Let's try to keep this rational. I totally disagree with Red's backing of the CFK rhetoric and I don't think Argentina has any case at all. However it's not right if we all start ganging up on Red. Let's keep it friendly.
I think the Pink Possum has Matias and Bajo Zero in his corner. But he has to know from the abuse that Matias has taken for years now - he's going to need a thick skin if he wants to take on the mantle of the only expat Cristina Acolyte.

I think the Pink Possum has Matias and Bajo Zero in his corner. But he has to know from the abuse that Matias has taken for years now - he's going to need a thick skin if he wants to take on the mantle of the only expat Cristina Acolyte.

Typical on this site that anyone expressing a contrarian view is a "Cristina Acolyte" (no matter how many times someone like Matías repeats that he hasn't voted for CFK). Truth be told, I'm curious what you will call Red after 2015 when a different gov't comes in spouting the same worn out Malvinas rhetoric.

The fact is you would be very hard pressed to find an Argentine politician that would not rattle the same sabre, because doing so would be just as untenable as a US candidate running on a "Lets Give Back Hawaii" platform.

Typical on this site that anyone expressing a contrarian view is a "Cristina Acolyte" (no matter how many times someone like Matías repeats that he hasn't voted for CFK). Truth be told, I'm curious what you will call Red after 2015 when a different gov't comes in spouting the same worn out Malvinas rhetoric.

The fact is you would be very hard pressed to find an Argentine politician that would not rattle the same sabre, because doing so would be just as untenable as a US candidate running on a "Lets Give Back Hawaii" platform.
A better analogy would be for a US candidate running on a "Let's Take Back Cuba" platform. Because the US possessed Cuba much more concretely than Argentina ever possessed the Falklands.

Back