Falklands In Light Of Crimea Rhetoric

Whatever. Personally I think the Malvinas sovereignty debate is right up there with the riveting "soccer vs baseball debate" in terms of relevancy. (Which is exactly why it gets focused on by soapbox politicians and expats here, to the exclusion of real issues.)

My point is not the Malvinas or Hawaii or Guantanamo or whatever... my point is why does CFK get credit for repeating a policy that all Arg politicians hold? Why is anyone with a minority position here a Camporista?

Whatever. Personally I think the Malvinas sovereignty debate is right up there with the riveting "soccer vs baseball debate" in terms of relevancy. (Which is exactly why it gets focused on by soapbox politicians and expats here, to the exclusion of real issues.)
I totally agree with that. These type of issues are loved by the politicos because it take people's minds off of the fact that the're getting shafted economically, whether it be Argentina, the US or elsewhere.

I said in an earlier post that Argentina would be far better off if they focused on the real issues instead of being stuck in childish tantrums (whether it's the Falklands or anything else). This is why I repeatedly state that Argentina is the proverbial image of a 5 year old spoiled child. The Falklands are they ball they weren't even paying attention to but now they're on a whim and they want them. When Argentina grows up they will become an immensely rich nation.

Great Joe, we agree about the red herring being stupid. Now how about the real issue I keep repeating?

Typical on this site that anyone expressing a contrarian view is a "Cristina Acolyte" (no matter how many times someone like Matías repeats that he hasn't voted for CFK). Truth be told, I'm curious what you will call Red after 2015 when a different gov't comes in spouting the same worn out Malvinas rhetoric.

The fact is you would be very hard pressed to find an Argentine politician that would not rattle the same sabre
My point is not the Malvinas or Hawaii or Guantanamo or whatever... my point is why does CFK get credit for repeating a policy that all Arg politicians hold? Why is anyone with a minority position here a Camporista?

Nationalism is a very strong emotion. People go crazy with it. It ignites the strongest human emotions and conducts. World leaders dating back to the Romans. maybe earlier have used it. When Cristina waves her Malvinas (sic) flag she's taking advantage of those feelings as much as Galtieri did (with the obvious exception that Xtina is not invading). Same goes for Dubya's war on terror. People are tribal and it's always us vs them. Maybe that explains why anyone who doesn't align with the general consensus in here is often pushed aside and deemed to be an outsider, either being dismissed as an Ayn or a Xtina acolyte.

People that mimic Camporista positions like The Pink Possum has just recently are fair game to be labeled as Camporistas. It's not just the Falklands where Pink has taken a Neo-Camporista position. His "Big Corporations are the source of all evil" fits into that diatribe too.

Back