Falklands In Light Of Crimea Rhetoric

1. La Cámpora has no monopoly on anti-corporatism. Is the Occupy movement a Cámpora subsidiary?

2. To repeat: the "Malvinas flag being waved by Cristina" will also be waved by her successor, and her successor's successor... etc. I know many of you like to think she is the root of all evil, but evil will still be here long after she's gone. As proof, have any of you seen the statements by the opposition on the Malvinas? are they any different?

The common theme in points 1 and 2 is over-generalisation. Basic logic: the fact that some Scots are redheaded does not make redheadedness Scottish.

I don't think anyone on the forum has suggested that the opposition in Argentina has a different opinion on the Falklands from Cristina.

That is what you call a Straw Man, and I think Pink had the Latin terminology for that but I forgot.

Maybe you are objecting to my labeling Pink as a Cristina Acolyte. All I've seen is Pink adopting Cristina's doctrine. Is there an example where he has taken an opposing position? If so, I stand corrected, if not you stand corrected!

1. La Cámpora has no monopoly on anti-corporatism. Is the Occupy movement a Cámpora subsidiary?

2. To repeat: the "Malvinas flag being waved by Cristina" will also be waved by her successor, and her successor's successor... etc. I know many of you like to think she is the root of all evil, but evil will still be here long after she's gone. As proof, have any of you seen the statements by the opposition on the Malvinas? are they any different?

The common theme in points 1 and 2 is over-generalisation. Basic logic: the fact that some Scots are redheaded does not make redheadedness Scottish.

I do in general agree with you Mr. Rooney - it has always been thus on this forum (how do you think I received this avatar from the collective wisdom of baexpats?). Specifically, in regard to the Falklands, beyond the general position that 'son Argentinas' that is shared by 99% of this country - in my opinion since the return to democracy never has Argentina's stance been more shrill nor more stupid. Menem pursued a path of quiet diplomacy and cooperation generally putting the pursuit of sovereignty aside that is light years away from this administration. I don't, like many on this forum, believe that Cristina's motivations parallel those of the militars - I think she genuinely wants to carry the legacy of her husband who like many from Patagonia had quite hardline views on the question. I think she really believed that she could have the Argentine flag flying over the islands before her presidency ended hence the incoherence, the ramblings, and the cheap stunts. Instead she has set the cause back decades - and yes I think we will see a different approach from the next government.

I do in general agree with you Mr. Rooney - it has always been thus on this forum (how do you think I received this avatar from the collective wisdom of baexpats?). Specifically, in regard to the Falklands, beyond the general position that 'son Argentinas' that is shared by 99% of this country - in my opinion since the return to democracy never has Argentina's stance been more shrill nor more stupid. Menem pursued a path of quiet diplomacy and cooperation generally putting the pursuit of sovereignty aside that is light years away from this administration. I don't, like many on this forum, believe that Cristina's motivations parallel those of the militars - I think she genuinely wants to carry the legacy of her husband who like many from Patagonia had quite hardline views on the question. I think she really believed that she could have the Argentine flag flying over the islands before her presidency ended hence the incoherence, the ramblings, and the cheap stunts. Instead she has set the cause back decades - and yes I think we will see a different approach from the next government.

The approach of the next government will continue to be 99.44 percent style; any more significant change in substance would result in outbursts so shrill that they could only match the Republican outrage if Guantánamo prisoners were released in anything other than a body bag.

I think Argentina has a superior claim on the Falklands because they have better pizza than in the UK.

I disagree, We have

iDLiQpp.jpg

chicken tikka,

MAFLXRA.jpg

doner kebab,

jL4tPaM.jpg

deep fried,

gUevvIn.jpg

deep fried in batter

and haggis pizza!
VCEIfDy.jpg

Back