Favourite Cafe In Bsas

Starbucks. Mi favorite is probably the one on castex in Palermo. Also like the one plaza dorrego and the one in front of parque rivadavia.

Establecimiento general de cafe. I'm partial to the location on lavalle and peña

Starbucks. Mi favorite is probably the one on castex in Palermo. Also like the one plaza dorrego and the one in front of parque rivadavia.

Establecimiento general de cafe. I'm partial to the location on lavalle and peña

Starbucks gets a bit of a kicking sometimes but its not bad when you want somewhere open late with wifi and your not in Palermo / Villa Crespo or San Telmo.

Hopefully it'll inspire other cafes to up their game in terms of service.

El Richmond in La Florida until the b****ds got there hands on it to turn into a Nike store

The only one on the Guardian list I would rate is Las Violetas but definitely include El Ateneo if we are talking about bookshops and theatre architecture

http://www.guardian....ina-cafes-guide

The list of Bares Notables has now gone up to 73 and you can nominate your own favourite under various categories

http://www.bue.gov.a...ncMenu=228&f=79

My personal choice would be now the Cafe at Retiro Station following the excellent restoration a few years ago - which has started to fade already and the patina of true porteño character

So whats everyones favourite cafe here?

Mine would be Mill in Villa Crespo.

Would love to hear all you guys suggestions!
So the Admin asked me to provide some more details on why I like this place.

Some reasons I like this place, great prices and good quality food. In the winter they serve fantastic soup. A healthy alternative to my usual facturas.
The service could be a little bit more, rem 'smily' but hey.

My personal choice would be now the Cafe at Retiro Station following the excellent restoration a few years ago - which has started to fade already and the patina of true porteño character

I used to love to drop in this cafe on the way home from work.
Every Thursday an old boy comes and plays some lovely ditties on the piano for an hour from 7pm. The hordes stream past this largely ignored gem on their commute home leaving just a few curious people and couples in encounters. It's peaceful sitting in an obscenely spacious cafe situated in the main transport hub of a furious city at rush hour, observing the torment of the masses plodding their weary way past the windows either side, with you observing from within, all the while your peace being disturbed with slurps of cafe between the dulcet notes coming from the antiquated pairing in the corner.
The cafe, I assume, was built by the British along with the Retiro station. It has a Victorian feel to it that has been lost in train stations in the UK. You can sit and imagine what was, and what could have been.

La Biela. Big, comfortable, good cafe doble. No music - you can think, talk, work in peace. Wifi.

Back