FBI Background Check

Lee said:
I have an extensive police record.

Will this be a problem when I apply?
Only if they were felonies. Within the last 5 years or so.

Yeah the FBI won't send to a international address. What my friend did was mail it to an apostille agency www.apostillepros.com
to get an apostille. It was cheaper this way 'cause mail from fbi to international. Then international to u.s., then u.s. to international for apostille was expensive.

So on the application form of the FBI background check just add a FedEx or UPS shipping label and mail it to apostille agency. They will do the apostille in 48 hour and mail directly to you, internationally.

captdave said:
The problem I ran into was (at least several years ago) the FBI would NOT send the report internationally. You have to have it sent somewhere in the US, and then get it sent here.

I got my fingerprints from the comisaria in Recoleta, and tipped the guy who did it 10 pesos. We both laughed about how it was the first time anyone had ever paid him to do it!

Good luck!

David

There is no quick way. It has to be sent in to the FBI. It takes a minimum of 7-12 weeks. Reason? One address and the FBI comes from all over the world. You would think the government would do a better job at this. Before it was processed in 1 week, but budget cuts and etc., it's taking forever.

BetoTaca said:
I'm going through the process of taking my residency here in Argentina. However, they asked me for a FBI background check, I would like to know what's the best and quickest way to get that done from here in Argentina.

Any recomendation about this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Popper said:
One note about the FBI prints being apostiled/certified - the FBI will NOT do this. If you ask them to, they'll simply include a note saying that they do not certify the fingerprints/results. It will have to be translated and certified by the college of translators here, however.

I did everything on my own to get my work visa, so if anyone finds themselves not knowing how to proceed or get something done, send me a message.

Hello,
There is a company who wants to hire me, there are many companies who want to hire natives and all that stuff. I have spoken to several lawyers and they are as usefull as an ashtray on a motorcycle. What I want to know is how can i get a work visa in the even that the company wont sponsor me. Is it at all possible? I am currently waisting money at the UBA taking spanish for foreigners so that i can get a student visa and work my way through the loop holes there, but like i mentioned, a waist, I have been speaking spanish all my life. So any suggestionn at this point will be of great use

jeffevery said:
Yeah the FBI won't send to a international address.

Incorrect, sent my request straight to the FBI, they sent it straight to my address here!

Hi all,

I apologize if my question seems redundant, but I've read carefully through the relevant forums and I'm still not entirely clear on one point: Beginning January 2010, the FBI "will authenticate fingerprint search results for international requests by placing the FBI seal and the signature of a division official on the results if requested at the time of submission." I understand that one then *can* send this document to the US State Dept. to be apostilled, but given that the FBI will "authenticate" the document with its seal and signature, is this necessary?

I am applying for a student visa to complete a masters' degree, and I will be submitting my application at Migraciones here in Buenos Aires. While the website for the Argentine consulate in DC says the FBI check must be apostilled, the migraciones website is very vague; in fact, it only says that a background check is required without providing further detail. Does anyone know definitively whether Migraciones here in Buenos Aires requires an apostille in addition to the seal and signature that the FBI will now provide? Thanks very much for your help!

jeffevery said:
FBI Background check takes 12 weeks. That's ridiculous.

Mine was sent to my US permanent address in about 3 weeks. I just wrote ''Please Expedite'' on the outside of the envelope.

mcaffa said:
Mine was sent to my US permanent address in about 3 weeks. I just wrote ''Please Expedite'' on the outside of the envelope.
You got lucky, Mccaffa! Out of curiosity, when was this?

Back