Fibertel Internet Speed

Fibertel sucks, but is the best internet provider.
At least the one that has more infraestructure.

I'm pulling 13mb/sec off a 3mb Fibertel connection at 6pm on a rainy Saturday. Pleased with that for now.

You live in Palermo dont you as well Richard? To be honest I was getting about 4mb/sec today on national. 4 times better than when I tested it yesterday. Go figure.

In Olivos it is not so bad. I slows down at high traffic times , when everyone is using it. But it seems to be the only game in town.

You live in Palermo dont you as well Richard? To be honest I was getting about 4mb/sec today on national. 4 times better than when I tested it yesterday. Go figure.

Palermo yes. During office hours I usually get around 1mb/sec, before 9am maybe 5mb/sec

This Speedtest from fibertel is from Olivos area too.
It's been consistent since December although my 6Mb at the shop a few blocks away is up and down like a yoyo. :)

Thats impressive Gringoboy. I wish I could get somewhere near that. At about 5 today using the same test!

This is enlightening --- I came up with 3.08 Mbps and 0.26 Mbps they rated me a D+ I have sent the data to my landlady - however in reality what can she expect to get from Telecentro? Thank you walter

Walter, maybe it is 3Mb in reality?
Depends what she bought.

Some clarification about the speeds since the TS mixed it all up (by accident I think)...
Speeds are given in Mbits/s, and downloads are normally shown in kiloBytes/sec by the different programs. (Internet explorer/FireFox/Chrome etc). There is in theory 8x difference in them, but with the overhead in mind the general calculation comes to a factor 10. So a 6 Mbit/s connection should give you max about 600 kByte/s. Therefore the 580 kB/s is a very decent speed for a 6Mbit connection.
The upload is in general 10x slower than the download. That is because the majority of the traffic to the internet users consists out of downloads not of uploads... A 6Mbit connection will have a 640kbit connection upstream (upload). A 30Mbit will have a 3Mbit upstream.
My Fibertel 30Mbit connection consistently performs up to standard within Argentina, and depending on the destination outside of Argentina I still get about 20Mbit down. (Funny enough the speed to Europe is better than to the US... All measured using www.speedtest.net ...)
Unfortunately it really depends on where you live.. A friend in microcentro has totally different experiences (a lot slower), and another friend out in the province is very happy if he gets 1.5Mbit via ADSL...

Back