Fibertel protest demonstration

orwellian said:
The actual percentage you pay is 50. You exaggerated a bit. And it wouldn't surprise me if it's been like that since long before the K's. In Spain it's 30 something. But at least they let you pay at it at the door, and not make you go all the way to the international airport to go and get it. And yeah, I doubt the K's are to blamed for introducing that either.
I was refering to the retail price at stores after the import of laptops plus 21% IVA. Ordinary families are not bringing laptop through EZE. Thus the price goes beyond the reach of the majority.
Anyway, it doesn't matter very much. The bottomline is simply that the free wireless infrastructure is won't happen. And even if it did , would you sit in a park with an open laptop?

The free wireless infrastructure is already in place in tiny Uruguay.

For the past three years there's been free WI-FI in public schools, the main squares of large provincial towns, and in Montevideo's shopping malls. Haven't seen anyone sitting outside with a laptop, but I take advantage of it while sitting in the car. It's very convenient.

SaraSara said:
The free wireless infrastructure is already in place in tiny Uruguay.

For the past three years there's been free WI-FI in public schools, the main squares of large provincial towns, and in Montevideo's shopping malls. Haven't seen anyone sitting outside with a laptop, but I take advantage of it while sitting in the car. It's very convenient.

*totally off topic*

and Uruguay was the only country in the world to have full take-up of the hundred dollar laptop. Extremely progressive ideas there!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Laptop_per_Child#Participating_countries

Back