Fibertel protest demonstration

"It starts when you begin to overlook bad manners. Anytime you quit hearin' 'sir' and 'ma'am,' the end is pretty much in sight."

I really am in a terrible way now, totalitarian rule is just bad for my health, what's worse Sarah, one of the few people I can trust to have not been co-opted by the government is ignoring me, I understand this may be for her own safety but I have some more questions, I am a little confused, perhaps others could help.

You see in dark times I go to Sarah for guidance, I saw a woman speaking today - she looked very unwell, perhaps its all the totalitarianism, she said:

¿Quién controla Papel Prensa? El 37 por ciento es de Grupo Clarín; el 12 por ciento Cimeco, controlada por grupo Clarín, tienen el 49 por ciento; 23 por ciento de La Nación y el Estado 27 por ciento".

This didn't ring true inside my head and I realised it was because Sarah had shed light on this same topic:

SaraSara said:
respected papers like La Nacion and El Clarin are kept on a short leash through the government's control of newsprint - no paper to print it, no newspaper.

SaraSara said:
I believe that, were it not for the printing paper issue, both papers would be far more open in their criticism.

It would be obvious at this point that the unwell woman today who was claiming that Clarin and La Nacion together control 72% of Papel Prensa was lying as these were the same newspapers that Sarah said were being persecuted and kept on a leash through the threat of withdrawal of paper by the government who obviously really control the company. It's just that today I mentioned some of the disturbing events taking place now in Argentina (like the journalists forced into exile) to an editor from one of the nation's dailies and, well, they laughed audibly and the word loca was used and we weren't even in public or being observed.

I have my bags packed, I have been unable to source cyanide pills but I have been told that a healthy dollop of Hellman's mayonnaise can have similar effects, I was awaiting orders from Sarah but now fear she may be a double agent, can anyone tell me who was lying - Sarah or the unwell looking woman? Please hurry, I fear time is running out...

Moxon, I'm glad to give you an occasion to show off your wit. I do enjoy your posts - they are very good.

Now, I must disclose that I've cornered the cyanide-pill market, so you'll have to petition the Almighty Sara to get a couple of them. Isn't that a fate worse than death?;)

pauper said:
Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Buenos Aires was rocked last night as hundreds of protesters gathered in Plaza de Mayo in what is believed to be the largest grass roots protest organised on Facebook and Twitter against the application of corporate law on a cable internet service provider in the history of Argentina.

I'm getting misty eyed and whistling that Scorpions song,

The future's in the air
I can feel it everywhere
Blowing with the wind of change...

I'm off to organise a protest against the authoritarian imposition of a damages bill on BP for the Deepwater Horizon spill - hasta la victoria siempre, we shall overcome and all that comrades...

http://www.clarin.com/politica/usuarios-juntaron-Plaza-Mayo-protestar_0_322767760.html

Here's a favourite headline:
Masiva marcha de más de cien personas pidieron por Fibertel

Interesting also that government of Mauricio Macri in 2009 called an evaluation of tenders to find the service provider for the city government. Fibertel were denounced by a competitor for operating illegally. After not receiving a response on the charge from Fibertel an investigation was carried out and the charge was found to be correct and so Fibertel after being given 10 days to prove their legality had their contract revoked.

French jurist said:
People, leave the guy alone, everybody is so agressive towards Alex, I suspect a great deal of jealousy here.

He is in his early 20s, owns various properties, is rich, holds two or three citizenships, is a fine athlete, is smart, is probably very good looking, etc etc...

I say it's an honor to have him here, leave him alone you bunch of jealous people.
I saw him recently in a beer commercial featuring "The Worlds Most Interesting Man" LMFAO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVwG1t-NVAA

Sleuth said:
of“We’re going to work very hard in the next 120 days to install WiFi around the country,” De Vido said. “Everybody is going to be able to take their notebooks to plazas and other areas to do their work. We’re going to have enormous spaces with free Internet, first in big cities and later in smaller towns.”

"De Vido said Fibertel has to be shut down because it is illegally operating without an appropriate license. An experienced corporate attorney told The Argentine Post, however, that, Grupo Clarin will probably not have to stop offering Internet through Fibertel. The battle over Fibertel will end up in court and Clarin will likely win, the attorney said."

----

Can you see everyone working on their notebooks in the plazas? What a perfect crime target!
What a total asshole De vito is. This thug crawls out of hole and utters the stupidest shit imaginable every time the Ks screw up.
What Laptops? Owned by who? Maybe those folks who could afford to pay the 250% price gouge imposed by Ks import duties. Who are they trying to appeal to? Certainly not the majority, who can't even dream about buying a laptop or an eBook, or even an emachine. And they are going to put up a wireless free zone infrastructure in 120 days? Bullshit, even the folks in Amsterdam and San Jose couldn't do that.
Besides the Ks are busy building the Bullet Train or was it "placing mag card readers in buses to end the coin problems" or maybe they are distracted with the new rail system being built by the Chinese, no, no it's the subway to Tigre and the new Wind Farm in Patagonia and the new high schools popping up in the provinces as promised.
Just plain bullcrap. What if Clarin Group was Pro Ks? They would not need a license to run anything and nobody would care about where they got their paper from.

ghost said:
I saw him recently in a beer commercial featuring "The Worlds Most Interesting Man" LMFAO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVwG1t-NVAA

you forgot to mention he´s educated, highly educated as he likes to mention in his posts just begging someone to ask him how many qualifications he has which is probably zillions..would be nice if he knew the difference between schooled and educated..education requires basic good manners. Shame to see a clearly smart individual let his inner brat get in the way of actually communicating effectively instead of attacking us one and all with the usual "pissy" attitude...cannot recall who labelled it as such but it was perfect!

ghost said:
What if Clarin Group was Pro Ks?

Well, they were once upon a time.

ghost said:
They would not need a license to run anything

Well, they didn't and then the romance ended and it is this special treatment which should be condemned not the current observation of law.

ghost said:
and nobody would care about where they got their paper from.

Well I would, as would, I assume, anyone else who subscribes to the theory that a functioning democracy requires an informed citizenry. Sara was right about a pattern of discrimination in the supply of newsprint to newspaper publishers she just got the papers wrong, the late phone call with the message 'sorry we can't fill your order' is received by El Perfil, P12 and others who aren't shareholders, and do not have board members to ensure their demand is met, they are also routinely charged up to 50% more for newsprint, hardly surprising but I think it articulates something of a conflict of interest. If the proposed law can guarantee supply to all at the same price then I support it without reservations.

ghost said:
Maybe those folks who could afford to pay the 250% price gouge imposed by Ks import duties.

The actual percentage you pay is 50. You exaggerated a bit. And it wouldn't surprise me if it's been like that since long before the K's. In Spain it's 30 something. But at least they let you pay at it at the door, and not make you go all the way to the international airport to go and get it. And yeah, I doubt the K's are to blamed for introducing that either.

Back