Fibertel protest demonstration

SaraSara said:
Yeah, sure....! :D Tell that to Nelson Castro, who had his enormously popular talk show canceled for being critical of the government, or to the other independent commentators now broadcasting from radio Colonia in Uruguay.

Again, the same adjective could be applied to Nelson, I'm fairly sure he would qualify under the DSM-IV definition.

Really, that old chestnut? I remember that coming up here several times before, that was you also wasn't it Sarah dear? Nelson Castro's contract wasn't renewed at Radio del Plata because he asked for more money than they were prepared to give him (a 100% increase as far as I recall). The remainder of his contract was paid out and he is now broadcasting in the prime morning slot (6am - 8:30am Mon-Fri) on the second most popular radio station in the country, Radio Mitre where he enjoys a greater audience than he had previously (oh, and still has his show El Juego Limpio on TN). Some muzzle.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with regards to Colonia but if you have more details I'd be interested.

Sarah if you have access to information or intuition beyond the powers of us mere mortals that shows the charges of operating illegally are trumped up please provide - perhaps it is true, I don't know at this stage but if you don't know either I'm not sure why you are arguing with such certainty. I still think even if this is all legit that the time period given is woefully short but at this early stage I think we can only wait for more details to emerge before making our minds up about everything.

Gotta love these reactionary posts.

If Fibertel had a license for providing broadband internet services in Argentina signed off by the commerce secretary then they would have published it in Clarin and on TV. But they don't so they haven't. And instead they will send angry old people on to the streets to try and force the government into allowing a large corporate monopoly to thumb its nose at Argentina, it's laws, its freely elected government and the people who voted for them.

There is no debate about this, Fibertel doesn't even dispute it.

jaredwb said:
Good point! What "facts" do you have that proved that Cablevision/Fibertel broke the law. Considering they have been doing business for...at least...a few years and NOW the Kirchner regime wants to shut them down.

You are delusional. This is nothing more than another attack on GrupoClarin and I can't wait for it to go to court so the regime is publicly humiliated and shown for the corrupt enterprise they are (not that anyone with any brains doesn't see it already).

"no government line"?? Wake the hell up.

SaraSara said:
PT Barnum was right - there’s a sucker born every minute. They are the only ones who could fall for the government’s line of Fibertel’s permit being “Illegal”, and probably the same people who believe INDEC’s figures.

Stay comfortably dreaming in La-La Land. I’ll be in Plaza de Mayo, not with a chair but with a giant drum and a banner.

Sara please do not forget to sing ' La Marcha Peronista' of the 'descamisados'.

Instead of a giant drum...

A pan, casserole or skillet will be more appropriate for you side of the equation.

I can only wonder what will be written on that banner,

opinologos_waka_waka.jpg

xxxx Fibertel xxxx perhaps

There is no debate about this, Fibertel doesn't even dispute it.

Well, they are challenging it in court as far as I know. I can already hear the reactions of most here: If they find in favour of the government it will be the evil K's manipulating the courts, if they find in favour of the Clarin group it will be proof of the attempted attack on freedom of speech by the evil K's. This is the level of debate I was referring to before, simplistic, partisan, uninformed, it advances the cause of Argentina zero.

jaredwb said:
Good point! What "facts" do you have that proved that Cablevision/Fibertel broke the law. Considering they have been doing business for...at least...a few years and NOW the Kirchner regime wants to shut them down.

You are delusional. This is nothing more than another attack on GrupoClarin and I can't wait for it to go to court so the regime is publicly humiliated and shown for the corrupt enterprise they are (not that anyone with any brains doesn't see it already).

"no government line"?? Wake the hell up.

I think everyone in BA knows this but on this forum it's a subject for debate...I think it's pretty clear this forum is full of system flunkies and regime loyalists who for some reason or another have taken it on themselves to give an earful to "imperialist Yankees"...pointless to argue with them.

If anyone seriously believes the Kirchners are doing this because of a licensing issue or because the commerce secretrary didn't sign off on something you either have Asperger's or, more likely, you're the typically naive brainwashed guy from the US or a Kirchner flunkie who posts online as another kind of obnoxious activism.

They aren't challenging the fact that they don't have the proper paperwork. They are challenging the Commerce Secretaries decision in not signing off on their plan to " absorb " fibertel. And of course they are calling this a political witch hunt blah blah blah in order to change the subject and inflame their reactionary mob.

It sounds like Fibertel was trying to not pay the additional taxes. But that's just my opinion.

It's amazing that a corporate monopoly and its followers think they should have more power than the freely elected national government.

Moxon said:
Well, they are challenging it in court as far as I know. I can already hear the reactions of most here: If they find in favour of the government it will be the evil K's manipulating the courts, if they find in favour of the Clarin group it will be proof of the attempted attack on freedom of speech by the evil K's. This is the level of debate I was referring to before, simplistic, partisan, uninformed, it advances the cause of Argentina zero.

polostar88 said:
I think everyone in BA knows this but on this forum it's a subject for debate...I think it's pretty clear this forum is full of system flunkies and regime loyalists who for some reason or another have taken it on themselves to give an earful to "imperialist Yankees"...pointless to argue with them.

If anyone seriously believes the Kirchners are doing this because of a licensing issue or because the commerce secretrary didn't sign off on something you either have Asperger's or, more likely, you're the typically naive brainwashed guy from the US or a Kirchner flunkie who posts online as another kind of obnoxious activism.

Then please give us the story as you see it, make your argument. Show us the information you have and the course of events that has led you to this opinion.

Don't hold your breath moxon. If the dude isn't slinging mud or repeating mass media catch phrases he's totally lost on the subject.

His argument was " everybody in BA agrees with me, and only stupid people disagree ". Lol. I know, quite the complex argument. I am assuming he doesn't know that Argentina is larger than BA and I am also assuming as a short term tourist he really doesn't know anybody or anything about Argentina, it's political and socioeconomic history, statistical facts and figures etc.

polostar88 said:
This thread is about the Argentine govt's illegal war on a company that's critical of its policies, everyone in BA knows this except the Peronist flunkies and the PC progressive American transplants.

And what everyone knows in BA too is that Clarin are a bunch of thugs. Regardless what your opinion is of the K's, you should praise them for fighting a common enemy; Clarin. If we get rid of their monopoly and we can have good newspapers (also government critical newspapers, anti-K's) instead of the crap we have today.

SaraSara said:
They are the only ones who could fall for the government’s line of Fibertel’s permit being “Illegal”, and probably the same people who believe INDEC’s figures.

Stay comfortably dreaming in La-La Land.

Ok so for us living in La-La Land; care to indulge us with why you think Fibertel's permit was legal? Do you know that the company doesn't legally exist?

jaredwb said:
This is nothing more than another attack on GrupoClarin...

Yes which is a good thing. What I don't understand is how can you defend the Clarin group.
What about the EU monopoly laws against Microsoft. Were you against them too?

Btw, this so reminds me of the RCTV license in Venezuela being revoked. It's as if they are all using the same CIA manual. Wouldn't surprise me they deliberately failed to obtain a license so they could use it to discredit the government, similarly to what was done in Venezuela.
Regardless whether they did, it did have a huge success in terms of propaganda. Some Fibertel support groups reach 50.000 people on Facebook. Get your clients to protest the government protecting their customer rights. Now that's efficient propaganda.

What we really should be doing is picketing that Clarin sell Fibertel so the company can remain intact and we don't have to switch operators.

Lucas, you must be either a foreigner or an educationally-challenged local. Either way, your Spanish needs work.

You don't say: "YO OPINO DE QUE..."

It is: YO OPINO QUE.....

Just a little free Spanish lesson - no thanks required.

Back