Fidel Castro Dead At 90 Years Of Age.

You Americans ... your hypocrisy is amazing: 'tyrant, 'thugs' etc. are words that only ever roll off your tongues in relation an opponent of US domination of the hemisphere.

Such words would never occur to you in relation to Henry Kissinger, or any of the Pinochets, Videlas, García Mezas, Somozas etc. who did the dirty work, overthrowing democracy and instilling terror in the name of empire.

Yep, we Americans all think exactly alike, each and every 300-odd million of us.

Don't be an idiot.

The subject was the Castro brothers, and they were/are thugs, but we can include some others if you like.

So you admire Raul and Fidel then, maybe as champions of human liberty?

Good to know we have someone of superior moral fiber among us. I'm sure we can all (at least the Americans here) learn to be better persons with your lofty, non-hypocritical guidance.

I think you made a few assumptions too far, and your sarcasm is a bit pathetic. Nowhere did Irelander suggest any support for Castro in his post. When Kissinger dies there'll no doubt me a thread on that, and I hope you express the same kind of sentiments about him that you did about Castro. Or should I assume that you approved of the illegal bombing of Laos and Camboida, and the near destruction of Vietnam? And assume that you approve of the support he gave to various dictatorships in Latin America? I am no supporter of Castro, I've been to Cuba and saw a beautiful island but a total lack of freedom. I've also seen the damage done by Kissinger and the USA to Cambodia and Vietnam. Maybe I'm making an assumption but I don't think Irelander meant every single American when he posted his comment.

And just to really piss you off, here's something I saw on a friend's fb page!

"Today Fidel Castro has left planet earth we will remember him as a true revolutionary who stood up to American imperialism, achieve free health care in his country and has the record for best literacy in the region even under decades of American embargo and many assassination attempts he stood high for his beliefs and forfeited the idea that Cuba was to be the playground of America
I salute you and may you rest in peace sir"

I think it was C P Scott who said "Comment is free, facts are sacred".

"Today Fidel Castro has left planet earth we will remember him as a true revolutionary who stood up to American imperialism, achieve free health care in his country and has the record for best literacy in the region even under decades of American embargo and many assassination attempts he stood high for his beliefs and forfeited the idea that Cuba was to be the playground of America

Long live the king and his 500 million!

[font=News Cycle']"Ever wondered what’s so bad about Fidel Castro? You’re not alone, many people simply don’t know much about him other than things they’ve heard like that he’s implemented top notch healthcare and education systems in the lowly third world country of Cuba. That’s because for the most part the international media has neglected their duty to report the truth about the dictatorship that lies 90 miles from American shores.[/font]

[font=News Cycle']The link below seeks to correct that and educate you about the real Fidel Castro, a murderous dictator who has remained in power for 53 years and counting. Think about that, even if he was a “good dictator” could you imagine living under the rule of the same man for 53 years?"[/font]

[font=News Cycle']Introduction -Fidel Castro’s greatest atrocities and crimes[/font]

No dictator, king or president remains in charge without people's support ( especially not for 50 years ). My great grandfather from Spain lived and ran a business in Cuba before Fidel and used to tell that Cuba was USA's brothel. With thousands of pregnant women giving birth to children tat would never have dads. Most people were poor, uneducated and promiscuous, I guess this man must have done some things right for them. I am unable to judge Castro the man, if there is something I am not is a commie, but 50 years with his people's support, that says something. He is now part of history.

Being poor and pregnant is bad, no doubt about it. Being dead is (arguably?) worse:

"Miguel A. Faria's book, Cuba in Revolution (2002), op. cit., pp. 415-416, states the following: "Since Fidel Castro took over the island in 1959, the best figures that we can glean is that between 30,000 to 40,000 people either have been executed en los paredones de fusilamiento (in the firing squad wall) or have died in the hands of their communist jailers. Mr. Faria also estimates: "The best conservative estimate is that between 30,000 to 40,000 Cubans have perished attempting to flee Castro's regime, mostly succumbing in the treacherous waters of the Florida Straits. My figures for death at sea are consistent with Juan Clark's" Cuba: Mito y Realidad, "who estimated that more than 16,000 Cubans had made it to freedom since 1959 up to the time of the publication of the book in 1992. Clark estimated that figure represented only one out of three Cubans who attempted to make it to freedom. Countless thousands of others have died indirectly as a result of Fidel Castro's collectivist policies, unspeakable privations, malnutrition, and the general desolation of a once more prosperous island."

https://www.amazon.com/Cuba-Revolution-Escape-Lost-Paradise/dp/0964107732

No dictator, king or president remains in charge without people's support ( especially not for 50 years ). My great grandfather from Spain lived and ran a business in Cuba before Fidel and used to tell that Cuba was USA's brothel. With thousands of pregnant women giving birth to children tat would never have dads. Most people were poor, uneducated and promiscuous, I guess this man must have done some things right for them. I am unable to judge Castro the man, if there is something I am not is a commie, but 50 years with his people's support, that says something. He is now part of history.

Of course, but all governments kill in one way or another, censorship, sending troops to fight a foreign war, hunger and poverty, inflation, corruption, there are as many different ways to kill your own people as you want to find. This of course is just my opinion.

On Castro the Man , 10 children 2 wives. His children together with the families of other Communist leaders are called Los Hijos Del Poder living lives of leisure with fast cars and fancy women around the world...Viva la Revolucion

Being poor and pregnant is bad, no doubt about it. Being dead is (arguably?) worse:

"Miguel A. Faria's book, Cuba in Revolution (2002), op. cit., pp. 415-416, states the following: "Since Fidel Castro took over the island in 1959, the best figures that we can glean is that between 30,000 to 40,000 people either have been executed en los paredones de fusilamiento (in the firing squad wall) or have died in the hands of their communist jailers. Mr. Faria also estimates: "The best conservative estimate is that between 30,000 to 40,000 Cubans have perished attempting to flee Castro's regime, mostly succumbing in the treacherous waters of the Florida Straits. My figures for death at sea are consistent with Juan Clark's" Cuba: Mito y Realidad, "who estimated that more than 16,000 Cubans had made it to freedom since 1959 up to the time of the publication of the book in 1992. Clark estimated that figure represented only one out of three Cubans who attempted to make it to freedom. Countless thousands of others have died indirectly as a result of Fidel Castro's collectivist policies, unspeakable privations, malnutrition, and the general desolation of a once more prosperous island."

https://www.amazon.c...e/dp/0964107732

Do you really think that Castro's policies are the only ones that have caused indirect deaths? I think this happens all over the world, under any kind of regime: democracies, dictatorships, etc. I think there is a lot of misleading propaganda. I of course think every single life is valuable, but governments are ruled by majorities. I feel sorry for the people that tried to escape what the majority supported. I myself felt trapped under the Ks government...

Back