Fidel Castro Dead At 90 Years Of Age.

On Castro the Man , 10 children 2 wives. His children together with the families of other Communist leaders are called Los Hijos Del Poder living lives of leisure with fast cars and fancy women around the world...Viva la Revolucion
And this is the same that any ex president or dictator does all over the world.

From1992 - 1996 and from 1999 - 2001 I was stationed in Key West, FL first as the Supply Officer at the Coast Guard Base there and the as the Supply Officer onboard the Coast Guard Cutter MOHAWK.

In the summer of 1994 we began to see an alarming increase in the number of Cubans fleeing Cuba on anything that could float and some things that didn't float. In the period of July to August 1994 the numbers went from 100 a week to 500 a day until finally over 30,000 Cuban Migrants were actually rescued and sadly returned to Cuba where they sat at the US Naval Base in Guantanemo until eventually they were all flown into the US. Who knows how many thousands died; if they got stuck in the Gulf Stream they would probably perish before they were rescued.

On my first patrol on MOHAWK we set the stage for our primary operations of Alien Migrant Interdiction Operations; intercepting and repatriating back to The Cuban Govenrment where they were placed in jail. The main complaint of the people we interdicted was a critical lack of food...anyone over the age of 7 was prohibited to drink milk or eat meat. Punishment again was jail.

Conditions must have been really great for groups of 10 - 30 people to decide to risk their lives to try to cross 90+ miles of treacherous waters in a bid for freedom. One group we intercepted and had to repatriate was an entire medical clinic - doctors, nurses, and their families. Several,of them looked as if they would commit suicide instead of being made to go back to Cuba.

I conducted the initial interviews with the Cubans as we brought them aboard our cutter so I know first hand the literal hell they had gone through in the time I was on the cutter. Castro was a bad man; sure he did some good for "his" people but the bad far outweighs the good.

Oh and about the US Government? Yes they do not have clean hands; nor does Argentina; or say Colombia with the late 1940-1950s la violencia....

You apply the Argentine typical logic .... Others also do it... ! So its OK? :rolleyes:
Not saying it is OK, but I don't see how this man is " the devil ". People just need villains in order to justify themselves. To underestimate the entire population of Cuba assuming that they were oppressed by this devil, is insulting imho. Castro ruled the island for half a century because people supported him. This is just as annoying as the entire world talking about Trump " the devil ". Societies have their own needs and perspectives in different times and circumstances. It is simply ridiculous how us foreigners dare judging based on books, media and other biased means of information. On anything and everything.

From1992 - 1996 and from 1999 - 2001 I was stationed in Key West, FL first as the Supply Officer at the Coast Guard Base there and the as the Supply Officer onboard the Coast Guard Cutter MOHAWK.

In the summer of 1994 we began to see an alarming increase in the number of Cubans fleeing Cuba on anything that could float and some things that didn't float. In the period of July to August 1994 the numbers went from 100 a week to 500 a day until finally over 30,000 Cuban Migrants were actually rescued and sadly returned to Cuba where they sat at the US Naval Base in Guantanemo until eventually they were all flown into the US. Who knows how many thousands died; if they got stuck in the Gulf Stream they would probably perish before they were rescued.

On my first patrol on MOHAWK we set the stage for our primary operations of Alien Migrant Interdiction Operations; intercepting and repatriating back to The Cuban Govenrment where they were placed in jail. The main complaint of the people we interdicted was a critical lack of food...anyone over the age of 7 was prohibited to drink milk or eat meat. Punishment again was jail.

Conditions must have been really great for groups of 10 - 30 people to decide to risk their lives to try to cross 90+ miles of treacherous waters in a bid for freedom. One group we intercepted and had to repatriate was an entire medical clinic - doctors, nurses, and their families. Several,of them looked as if they would commit suicide instead of being made to go back to Cuba.

I conducted the initial interviews with the Cubans as we brought them aboard our cutter so I know first hand the literal hell they had gone through in the time I was on the cutter. Castro was a bad man; sure he did some good for "his" people but the bad far outweighs the good.

Oh and about the US Government? Yes they do not have clean hands; nor does Argentina; or say Colombia with the late 1940-1950s la violencia....
I am not denying this, but no government retains power without people's support.

nikad.
You have always impressed me as an intelligent person.I cannot believe that you really think that the majority of Cubans supported Fidel after 1980 or so.
When I was in Cuba in 2005 in Santa Clara and La Habana my Cuban friends would invite me to their homes. In hushed tones and gathered tightly around a table we would discuss in guarded secrecy their personal situations.One did not publicly show dissent if they didn´t want to be reported to the block guardians of the revolution--something like the Peronista manzaneras¨¨---.And when their was rationing during the Special Periods even less.
Fidel was a megalomaniac with a messianic streak.¨Äqui hay uha cosa que no se toca y es La Revolucion and if you did you were indeed f---ked .
if the Cuban elite which inclded many Spaniards had ceeded even a bit of their wealth and privilege the revolution probably wold not have been necessary.But they would not so they got Fidelismo.I knew many of the Spanish who fled Cuba when I lived in Madrid in 1965--66.Castro was no friend of theirs either.

You apply the Argentine typical logic .... Others also do it... ! So its OK? :rolleyes:

Seems to be a trend...I have a couple of K supporter Facebook posts and boy are they engaging in collective weeping...one choice post below for the LOL. Yes some great achievements re healthcare and literary but at what cost? He did some "bad" things (like gunning down feeling families in boats) but the slate is clean because he trained more doctors than the UK ever could?? Gosh we seem to live in a world of black or white.....how about admire the ideology, despise the actions?

Me desperté a las 4am y me entere....ya no pude volver a dormir...que difícil es no poder creer que te vas a encontrar con el che, con camilo, con hugo, con nestor....ojala yo me equivoque, ojala si se encuentren....ojala nos sigan cuidando desde algún lugar....que día más triste.. que año mas triste...HLVS... :rolleyes:

I am not denying this, but no government retains power without people's support.

Yes the peoples of N Korea if given a choice between their ruling dynasty or open media, food, property ownership, freedom to travel etc would of course freely choose their current dictator... B)

Nikad - when you rule with absolute terror and a real threat of being imprisoned, tortured, then murdered by the government - and as others alluded, ratted out by the neighborhood snitch - those who opposed Castro were very quiet about it.

Back