Food prices are amongst the highest of the planet

It wasn't an obviously fake post to me. Even one of your groupies replied to Reply Guy with "good for you," but your response is just another example of your belligerence and your nastiness.
So seeing a cited post as a picture rather than in text, as posters usually do, didn't ring any alarm bells?

I understood the "good for you" to be sarcasm, and it seems I was right. Do your fake post and sarcasm detectors need calibrating? Or do you just literally believe everything you see on the internet? And "groupies", really... you seem to have a need to insult a lot of people today. Take a deep breath...

... then why is no one talking about food costs as a simple % ...
Yes, why don't you all concentrate on the similarities instead of pointing out the differences? You see, the polar night and the regular night is about the same: first, the sun sets, and then it rises. However, in one case it lasts for two months, and in the other, it lasts for 8 hours. Same, same, different?

... brining some sectors to well over 80% since January, but now costs far higher. ...
Do you think 300% inflation is manageable even if someone receives an 80% raise. What about people who lost their jobs?

... get a job that pays pesos or get out ...
Absolutely, choosing to be paid in pesos is the only way out. Consider this: if you receive two job offers, one paying 2,000 euros and another paying 500,000 pesos, the better choice becomes clear — always choose the job that pays in pesos. Furthermore, if you are receiving your fixed retirement income, the best course of action is also to get a job that pays in pesos. The antipodean has figured it all out for you.

Last edited:
Do you think 300% inflation is manageable if someone receives an 80% raise. What about people who lost their jobs?
No. Why would I?
And why would you make a point about 300%ish interannual inflation (e.g. April 23 to April 24...) versus a point about paritarias since January 24?

Absolutely, choosing to be paid in pesos is the only way out. .
Glad to see you have some common sense. (And of course if that fixed - or earned - income in dollars or euros is at any moment not enough to meet peso denominated prices in Argentina then the third option remains very much an open invitation to you...)

Glad to see you have some common sense.
What you call common sense is essentially a form of idiocy.

For an educated person, fluent in a foreign language, with work experience that is in demand in developed countries, a remote job is usually the best option.

The era when students came here to enjoy Buenos Aires and worked as English teachers for pesos to make ends meet is basically over.

What you call common sense is essentially a form of idiocy.

For an educated person, fluent in a foreign language, with work experience that is in demand in developed countries, a remote job is usually the best option.

The era when students came here to enjoy Buenos Aires and worked as English teachers for pesos to make ends meet is basically over.
I never said a remote job was not the best option, so am confused as to why you seem to be having a conversation with yourself but quoting me.

Perhpas your sarcasm is lost on me as my sarcasm is clearly lost on you.

In the meantime for dollarized expats, the brutal and simple reality now is front up to this change in personal fortune, get a job that pays pesos or get out. Argentina has never been a stable market and likely never will be, the goods times will come and go.
(Three options put forward, not just the one you chose to quote out of context and make a story out of.... but it seems inventing conversations is on trend in this thread)

What would success look like for Milei haters? Almost every category of food from beef to fried chicken is significantly cheaper here than the rest of the world

OK, I admit, rice is slightly more dear. (20 cents per kilo) and Thai food is expensive. So are we just a cheap Pad Thai away from y'all admitting Milei is doing well ?

People who wish Argentina would crash and burn just because they dislike the democratically elected president are evil

Milei will never be successful. The who hate him are already putting his future success down to the brilliant work of Massa setting for the scene for the agricultural revival he will benefit from. Those who claim to care that a president put in a full day's work and criticize Milei for not doing so were strangely silent on the same subject during the four years of Alberto's slothful and drunken reign.

What would success look like for Milei haters?
People who wish Argentina would crash and burn just because they dislike the democratically elected president are evil

Back