Foreigners Cannot Buy Travel In Pesos??

It's not my interpretation, really. It's what it says.

Bradly, we will soon know what the BCRA Decree meant .. Only point in question is: If non residents can pay "tourist services within Argentina" cash in pesos... ! (such as local tourism and transport services by i.e. international hotel chains that may apply for FX from BCRA, etc).

Already domestic air fares are segregated for non residents, however can be paid cash in pesos.

PD: now I seem to agree with Sleuth theory, businesses here that sell tourism services in Argentina for non residents, and need to apply to BCRA, for Foreign Exchange to remit these payments abroad, must collect in foreign currency.

Hi. I don't know which category i belong to.... :( What exactly is a perma-tourist? And how do you show you are not a tourist? A DNI de extranjero but it can be both permanent or termporary. Thanks.

The simple solution to all this is to have tourists upon entry go through a cordon of money sniffing dogs and force them to exchange all their currency for Evita $100 peso notes before they clear customs.

Everyone wins, the government gets the dollars and the tourists get a nice souvenir of Argentina.

Hi. I don't know which category i belong to.... :( What exactly is a perma-tourist? And how do you show you are not a tourist? A DNI de extranjero but it can be both permanent or termporary. Thanks.

A DNI makes you a resident , permanent or temporary , no difference.

I bought yesterday plane tickets to fly back home for the holidays. Spoke quite a while with the travel agent, and she said they're being kind of strict as it seems its being taken more seriously this time. She kept a copy of my DNI (Extranjero DNI, but doesn't matter which type as long as you have a DNI) attached to my purchase receipt, and she has to register my CUIL in the system (I guess a bonus request from AFIP?).

Not sure how it would affect people buying through airline webpages and using RapiPago to pay in cash (done that with LAN and got by boarding without a single person checking) as this would mean webpages would have to "bounce back" purchases where the DNI number doesn't exist, and even then they would need to verify that it matches the traveler, etc.

I bought yesterday plane tickets to fly back home for the holidays. Spoke quite a while with the travel agent, and she said they're being kind of strict as it seems its being taken more seriously this time. She kept a copy of my DNI (Extranjero DNI, but doesn't matter which type as long as you have a DNI) attached to my purchase receipt, and she has to register my CUIL in the system (I guess a bonus request from AFIP?).

Not sure how it would affect people buying through airline webpages and using RapiPago to pay in cash (done that with LAN and got by boarding without a single person checking) as this would mean webpages would have to "bounce back" purchases where the DNI number doesn't exist, and even then they would need to verify that it matches the traveler, etc.

You are a resident, no problema with purchase of tickets...?

After travelling down to Patagoinia now, and talking to many fellow travellers, no requirements arising for tourists to pay in dollars! (as of yet anyway) Hopefully this article from the profesional website has grossly misinterpreted the decree.

Back