Gay Marriage Passes in Arg Senate

citygirl said:
(I will add that I believe it's a completely calculated move on Kirchner's part but you know what - I don't care).

VoiceofTruth said:
"Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin." Leviticus 18:22

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them". Leviticus 20:13

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

God made a law many years ago a little different from this one. Man's laws do not supercede God's laws.

Even in stupidity, there is diversity.

Eh???? I'm totally supportive of the bill if you had read my post! Long overdue IMO and I wish that every country would follow in Argentina's footsteps.

My point is that the timing of it is a bit suspect (ie - why the Kirchners didn't push it when they had a majority earlier). And yes, I do think that Nestor's support of it now may be a calculated move to drum up popularity in Cap Fed and increase his visibility before making another run for president next year.

But again - I don't care! The end result is what is important.

VoiceofTruth said:
"Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin." Leviticus 18:22

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them". Leviticus 20:13

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

God made a law many years ago a little different from this one. Man's laws do not supercede God's laws.

31067136271712132216334.jpg

I would also like to state that I find the passing of the bill abhorrent. Also, the reaction to the biblical quotations and opinion expressed by VoiceofTruth to be completely typical of a society which has completely lost the plot.

The Catholic church and its supporters should look at their hypocrisy before condemning equal rights for gays and lesbians. The march on Tuesday night organised and abetted by them with 50000 supporters was a last cry from a church that has lost its way .

I never saw them demonstrating in Argentina against pedophilia ( most prevalent in their ranks) nor against human right abuses in indigenous communities but they found that the rights of gay people just to be accepted as normal citizens warranted this display of arrogance that showed no fruit in the end.

Tolerance is a fundamental right and with that will come acceptance that all human citizens deserve equally.

Back