Gay Marriage Passes in Arg Senate

Polostar you have no right to tell us how to live in Argentina and certainly your comments that most do not accept this is your own opinion and not public perception.

Talk about nosy tourists.

cabrera said:
Polostar you have no right to tell us how to live in Argentina and certainly your comments that most do not accept this is your own opinion and not public perception.

Talk about nosy tourists.

What do the polls say.

LAtoBA said:
Getting back to the thread at hand. Are you suggesting that only heterosexual Argentines have a right to decide their way of life and their own laws? Because last time I checked, whether or not someone is gay doesn't renounce their citizenship. I'm not understanding you here.

Then why not simplify things and just call it marriage? Maybe our problem is we try and categorize every little thing.

You're not understanding me because you don't understand or don't like democracy. It means the majority decides what the laws are. If you, like some posters here, believe the majority of the people are ignorant, homophobic, "raciss" and "hatiz" and need to be ruled and enlightened by the Kirchners and their like, that's a valid position I suppose, but it's not democracy.

Regarding your second question, "marriage" has a natural definition like "father," "son," "brother," etc.; now, the state may decide to give you a license declaring you're my son and entitled to everything that goes with that, and they may even force me to accept it at the point of a gun, but you still won't be my son just because the state says you are. In the same way "marriage" has both a natural meaning and it is defined historically in a certain way, and you can't change it by granting permits, etc.; in any case, partly for these reasons, I'm for the state not recognizing any kind of marriage at all. The modern state is corrupt and illegitimate, and the Peronist fraud/monstrosity most of all.

polostar88 said:
You're not understanding me because you don't understand or don't like democracy......
The modern state is corrupt and illegitimate, and the Peronist fraud/monstrosity most of all.

So for you all these countries are corrupt and illegitimate monstrosity most of all?...

But there isn't any Peronist fraud/monstrosity over there.....how come?

Belgium
Canada
Iceland
Netherlands
Belgium
Canada
Iceland
Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
South Africa
Spain
Sweden

Note that according to polostar88 all the above states are corrupt and illegitimate.

Let's nuke'em all !

Please spare Argentina they don't know what they are doing....well, most of the time.

Lucas said:
So for you all these countries are corrupt and illegitimate monstrosity most of all?...

But there isn't any Peronist fraud/monstrosity over there.....how come?

Belgium
Canada
Iceland
Netherlands
Belgium
Canada
Iceland
Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
South Africa
Spain
Sweden

Note that according to polostar88 all the above states are corrupt and illegitimate.

Let's nuke'em all !

Please spare Argentina they don't know what they are doing....well, most of the time.

The modern state is illegitimate in general for reasons unrelated to gay "marriage," which is a small issue in the scheme of things. Anyway, I already told you I think the state shouldn't recognize marriage one way or another, it has no business getting into this.

Back