Get your pots out for the lads!

Just a small additional remark: I come from one of the better of regions of this world, (Scandinavia), both in education, personal income, life quality etc etc......and, by us its not common to have a housekeeper....we actually manage to clean our own houses!!!!! Maybe somethiung think about!!![/quote]

Do you think many scandinavians wouldn't have a cleaner if it was affordable in black labour as in Argentina? What would happen to this large sector of workers if we all thought the same way and sacked our cleaners? Like many women today I work full time, have 2 children, a large house and an ironing mountain that awaits me each and every day. I made a conscious choice to pay someone to clean my house and iron the clothes so that I can spend time with my children instead of polishing the floors. I am lucky I can afford to do so and have treated all of my home helpers with as much respect as a sister. Some women like to martyr themselves on the cross of housework - I chose to have a life...and my Swedish husband AND mother-in-law are 100% behind me on this. Now the moment I start making the cleaner wear a uniform and serve me breakfst in bed..that is the time to catch a grip on myself!

Sorry for continuing the off -topic thread

tomdesigns said:
And we first world men and our leaders are so consumed with power and war while all the lives go undeveloped.. As I said I am ashamed!

So, who helped you or your ancestors become "first world"?

I'm sure your intentions are great toward the people you talk about and interact with, but your tone seems very condescending.

You come across as saying, and correct me if I'm wrong, that "these people can't help themselves, so we have to do it for them." And if that's what you're saying, my question is, "Why?!"

Surely you know that what you consider "first world" wasn't always that way. And everyone came out of the darkness of idiocy and uneducated fallacies. However, people changed because they wanted to.

My assumption is that these people can do it too. They can make it better too. If not for themselves then for their children.

My grandfather is an uneducated man. A farmer actually. But he can hold his own very well if you were to have a political or an economics related discussion with him. However, he wanted a better life for my father (and his siblings) and sent them to school. He was poor so my grandfather could only support my father's education up until High School.

My father worked nights and studied during the day to get his undergrad degree. Because he didn't want to live in a rut all his life (as he thought his father did). And my father made enough money to make sure all his children got a good education without having to worry about money.

I can tell you no "gringo" or "first world man" had to come and help my family. We did it all on our own.

I'm not one of "these" that you speak of. However, I personally find it offensive that well-meaning people like you assume that "these" can't help themselves. Like I said before, "first world" and education wasn't part of any society from eternity. All societies made themselves into what they are now.

These people don't need anyone's pity. They can help themselves.

And if they have been "in a rut" for generations, then that's on them. Not us.

fifs2 said:
Just a small additional remark: I come from one of the better of regions of this world, (Scandinavia), both in education, personal income, life quality etc etc......and, by us its not common to have a housekeeper....we actually manage to clean our own houses!!!!! Maybe somethiung think about!!!

Do you think many scandinavians wouldn't have a cleaner if it was affordable in black labour as in Argentina? What would happen to this large sector of workers if we all thought the same way and sacked our cleaners? Like many women today I work full time, have 2 children, a large house and an ironing mountain that awaits me each and every day. I made a conscious choice to pay someone to clean my house and iron the clothes so that I can spend time with my children instead of polishing the floors. I am lucky I can afford to do so and have treated all of my home helpers with as much respect as a sister. Some women like to martyr themselves on the cross of housework - I chose to have a life...and my Swedish husband AND mother-in-law are 100% behind me on this. Now the moment I start making the cleaner wear a uniform and serve me breakfst in bed..that is the time to catch a grip on myself!

Sorry for continuing the off -topic thread[/QUOTE]

I didnt want to offend anyone that have a housekeeper, i have nothing against it in anyway! My additional remark was just a remark for GS-dirtboy, who sounded like a hole saint in his post about helping people and telling how equal we all are! Fact is we are not equal!

surfing said:
I thought this thread was about the cacerolazo.

Watched a video that said something like "We have so and so complaint. But we don't want our leaders to change, we just want them to listen to us."

Unless this movement can get their act together and know that if they want change and justice, they will need to get behind a leader who can represent them, they're not going anywhere.

What does this government have to worry about? Pots beating at 6 PM and dying down around 9 PM? Oh yeah, scary.

They know people have nothing. The people that are taking part in these protests are without a leader and without a clear goal.

I know its a start. But where is it going to go? What is the goal? What do they intend to achieve? Psycho-analyze Cristina into being honest? Or other politicians into actually being concerned about the people?

These leaders are going to be dictators for as long as there is no opposing political leadership. Everyone in the opposition is a joke. Everyone else is a Peronist. All these political parties can have different names but their roots are fascist (Peron).

They can bang pots all they want, but unless they change both their mentality and their representative leadership, they are going to have to continue to buy new pots.

And round and round it goes.

Sorry for continuing the off -topic thread[/quote]

I didnt want to offend anyone that have a housekeeper, i have nothing against it in anyway! My additional remark was just a remark for GS-dirtboy, who sounded like a hole saint in his post about helping people and telling how equal we all are! Fact is we are not equal![/quote]

No offense taken but I do think GS-Dirtboy might indeed be a saint or at least a super hero as when he's not saving peple of his barrio he's engaging in hand to hand combat with local street thugs:)..and happy national day tomorrow if you're Swedish!

fifs2 said:
Sorry for continuing the off -topic thread

I didnt want to offend anyone that have a housekeeper, i have nothing against it in anyway! My additional remark was just a remark for GS-dirtboy, who sounded like a hole saint in his post about helping people and telling how equal we all are! Fact is we are not equal![/quote]

No offense taken but I do think GS-Dirtboy might indeed be a saint or at least a super hero as when he's not saving peple of his barrio he's engaging in hand to hand combat with local street thugs:)..and happy national day tomorrow if you're Swedish![/quote]

hahahahaha

Im Danish....please do not compare me to the Swedes! :)

Chiste_420.jpg

nicoenarg said:
These people don't need anyone's pity. They can help themselves.

And if they have been "in a rut" for generations, then that's on them. Not us.

I fear you are the most dangerous sort of man even more ignorant than than they are and with education.. I would love to slap you into their lives for a few months and see what becomes of you!

You are beyond ingnorance nico and into shamelessness.. My guess shallow man! the world spins around you Nico!

Back