Govt. opening safety deposit boxes.

nlaruccia said:
There have been a lot of rumor going around about the government eventually opening up the safety deposit boxes at the banks and now they're offering insurance up to $50,000 US per box. Now Argentines are putting their money in safety deposit boxes in the banks in Uruguay, and I heard there are none left in Colonia.

http://www.ieco.clarin.com/economia/argentinos-llevan-plata-seguridad-Uruguay_0_782921847.html

A friend of mine works in a bank, and who's sister works in a law firm said that her boss used to be the vice president of Banco Marco until he resigned last year due to the crooked things the K's were up to involving the banks. He said he recently saw a ton of scanner machines in the port, that might eventually be used to scan the contents of the safety deposit boxes in the bank.

Those who have safety deposit boxes might want to withdraw their contents soon. But there is no safe place to stash your money. No safety deposit boxes left in Uruguay, no safe physical places in Argentina. It leaves us with few options. Do we send it back to the U.S. through a cueva and pay taxes on it in the States, or should we convert the money into something physical that won't go down in value and can be sold eventually? Like a car, apartment, business, a taxi, etc. Things are definitely not looking good.
Every rumour has an element of truth, id take heed...

Floppy said:
Every rumour has an element of truth, id take heed...

This message was brought you courtesy of the the shapeshifting reptiles planning to overthrow the human race.

Which is a shame, because I've come to think of this flat earth as my home...

BienTeVeo said:
The historian in the next room doesn't recall anything like this.

I've looked online and can't find anything about it. I was told this by an old woman in her 80's but it may not be true.

syngirl said:
Parking spots.

But for better neighbourhoods you will need more like 25k+

The return on a parking spot can actually be better than on an apartment, depending on where you buy.

I once thought about buying a cochera, but a parking spot that you can actually rent over $1,000 pesos will cost around $35,000 US and up, and you have to pay expenses which generally cost between $400-$600 per month. The $25,000 US parking spots can be rented for around $700 pesos per month.

scotttswan said:
I've looked online and can't find anything about it. I was told this by an old woman in her 80's but it may not be true.

Not that I doubt the word of the historian in the next room (aka my wife), but I also did a quick search. The only thing I came up with was the fact that one of the theories behind why Peron's hands were stolen had to do with using his fingerprints to gain access to his safety deposit boxes in Switzerland. Apparently it isn't true (although it is true that his hands were stolen!). I ask you. Is this place bonkers or what?

BienTeVeo said:
Not that I doubt the word of the historian in the next room (aka my wife), but I also did a quick search. The only thing I came up with was the fact that one of the theories behind why Peron's hands were stolen had to do with using his fingerprints to gain access to his safety deposit boxes in Switzerland. Apparently it isn't true (although it is true that his hands were stolen!). I ask you. Is this place bonkers or what?

I don't know, it may just be my poor eyesight in my old age of 27 but it seems like you just wrote that Peron's HANDS WERE STOLEN? :eek::eek::eek:

WTF?

nicoenarg said:
I don't know, it may just be my poor eyesight in my old age of 27 but it seems like you just wrote that Peron's HANDS WERE STOLEN? :eek::eek::eek:

WTF?

You couldnt make this stuff up..felt the same when I learnt our beloved ex leader aka Peron had left Evas mummified and decaying body in an attic. Mishmaoul as the Arabs say...just unbelievable:(!

Back