Have You Experienced Prejudice Or Racism In Argentina?

Just to be clear and with no intention to offend anyone,but England never gave anything to anyone or any country
Back in the day all they did was "invest" in their ventures offshore thru legal routes but in some case
s using their privateers
Btw i think that map is pretty funny thou

Apparently all Asian people here are "chinos" according to many Argentineans I have spoken with (that's how they refer to them anyway).

A Japanese man (from Okinawa) that my girlfriend worked with was called "chino" as a nickname by everyone in the office.

Now that just wouldn't fly in my country.
As an Asian guy, I have heard Chino this and Chino that all the time, mostly negative. But considering how things f*ked up here, I think the racism
is not that bad, it could be a lot worse. Most of the educated Agries are pretty careful, at least they do not say bad things in front of you.
One time a homeless guy said to me ": die, Chino" after I ignored his begging.
Racisom is in every country, I do not think it's so bad, I have seen worse sh*t on other countries.

For the Asian guy (Garryl) don't feel that you alone are singled out. I've been asked if I was U.S. before and said yes and was told "F(pardon his French) the U.S." I have had expats visiting here who told me they had been told on the subway to go home, my landlady suggested I tell people I'm from Canada and another friend agreed. I asked my attorney what he thought and he laughed and said, "They've got to be kidding. Everybody in Argentina wants to go to the U.S.!" Hahahahaha!

That's why I tell everyone I'm from Canada. I've never had one bad comment from any Argentine if I tell them I'm from Canada, expect, "it's cold up there". It avoids conflict and the typical "encuesta" that comes with saying you're form the U.S.

Never experienced racism to speak of for being from the U.S., but I have gotten stereotyped quite a bit. Argentinians stereotype and like very strict categories. If you are from here...then you must be like this. As far as racism towards neighboring countries...I think a lot of Argentinians believe that these immigrants are ruining their country. In some roundabout ways that could be true (the government imports poverty from neighboring countries in order to create more political clients). Unfortunately, it plays itself out in the form of racism and general stereotypes: Peruvians are thieves, Paraguayans are swindlers, and Bolivians are drunks. Of course this is nonsense but that is how so many here view people from those countries. Personally, I have yet to hear anything negative about any Colombians or Brazilians, and the hatred against Chileans is not usually racial. It's disheartening to see that people might judge your just by your ethnicity, but that is what happens. This might sound bad, but there are times that I am glad I am tall and blonde here in this country.

I was having a beer with a friend in Palermo one day, when a passing woman, acquainted with my friend, told him to be careful - an obvious reference to his choice in hanging with a Yanqui. I was thinking fast that day, and immediately said "Si! Cuidado! Muchos Argentinos acá!" I wish I had a photo of her face at that moment.

Then there was the time in Houston when a woman in Macy's asked my (Argentine) wife, "What part of Mexico are you from?" I just took two steps back, so I was out of the line of fire.

Back