Help Urgently Needed: Forum Expat Gone Nuts In My Apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a similar problem with her. Felt sorry for her and she had reached out to me thru PMS but started overdoing it. When I backed off she went BALLISTIC on me. This was all before she got here (altho she often gave the appearance of already being here)...I actually did warn one expat friend of mine when her name came up...and I NEVER have done that before...I try and give people the benefit of the doubt...but I was again dubious when she appeard on the forum saying she could get expats long term apartments without a problem,...
Homeinbuenosaires, I was hoping I had been wrong...if I had known you were considering renting to her BEFORE the fact I would've warned you about her hostile over reaction with me. Sorry we didn't have that conversation. And I really don't like saying negative things about people, prefer that people make their own conclusions...but sometimes it saves time money and stress to give a discrete "cuidadate"..

First, do not have "many many" chat with your tenant. It should be business like, unless you totally know your tenants and become friend with her/him.
It's a mistake to arrange tourists coming while have a tenant that is not cooperating with you in the house. There are several ways, talk to her and try to resolve nicely, find a lawyer to talk to her, make her pay for the loss of potential rental, or move her stuff to a different place and change lock. Sorry for being frank.

I thought for "Dinero" everything is a go there, offer her money and make her go away ?
Don't wanting to spend? Then the occupier has the right of way....And staying put!

First, do not have "many many" chat with your tenant. It should be business like, unless you totally know your tenants and become friend with her/him.
It's a mistake to arrange tourists coming while have a tenant that is not cooperating with you in the house. There are several ways, talk to her and try to resolve nicely, find a lawyer to talk to her, make her pay for the loss of potential rental, or move her stuff to a different place and change lock. Sorry for being frank.
While there's nothing wrong with being frank ,you might wanna show some sympathy for the hard times this expats is going thru,
I have been in the same situation,and i knew it was my fault for (my bleeding heart) and not being more straight faced ,cut throat,pay your rent or get out.
I think. during this hard time,this expat was looking more for a kind word than a lecture

No tenant is better than bad tenant. I become cautious when I hear applicant tell me about their troubles with their previous landlord.
H

Thats rule number one when interviewing prospective employees. If they speaks very negatively about their previous employers, its best to keep looking. Chances are youll be the next one they speak negavitely about.

Just like when hiring, you need to ask for references. Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back