Help Urgently Needed: Forum Expat Gone Nuts In My Apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually rent to tourists for periods of three days to a week - do you think people will consider me a sane person if I ask them these questions before renting to them for three nights? My rental contract with this person was for one month, not usually something I'd have to worry about.

Reaching out to somebody on this forum to offer them my place is something I have never done before. I've had countless guests since 2006 with no problems, indeed most people ask me to stay with them when I am visiting their country and I count many as close friends.

I think a big part of this was offering it to someone who couldn't afford to pay my full price, because I felt sorry for her.
And, she has no where else to go, she lives here. Your short term tenants have their ticket back home. That is the BIG difference.
Nancy

Hopefully this person decides to do the right thing and moves out.

If she truly believes what she says (that you're a crazy landlord and stalking etc etc) all the more reason to move out!

Hopefully this person decides to do the right thing and moves out.

If she truly believes what she says (that you're a crazy landlord and stalking etc etc) all the more reason to move out!

I know! The whole situation is illogical. She is accusing me of scamming her in an email today - I'd love to know what kind of scam involves offering a beautiful apartment at a huge discount with no damage deposit, and then offering countless hours of my time (which I thought I'd be saving by offering it at a discount and leaving the weekly cleaning to her - that was my reason, besides the bleeding heart) to help her get her old deposit back, and help with other things?

I guess I'm just a really elite and convincing scammer - I'm just not sure what she thinks my goal is? I doubt the value of all of her possessions combined even adds up to the amount of rental income I lost this month by offering it at the price I did.

Are you offering? Keep in mind that I offered to be an intermediary between her and her previous landlord and look where THAT got me...

Having said that, I don't think anyone offering themselves as an intermediary at this point will be handing her the keys to their apartment afterward!

I would like to remind everyone that you are hearing one side of this story and jumping (with both feet) onto the person who ALLEGEDLY is making problems for the OP. This has happened several times in the past in this forum, all to no good outcomes. I'm not saying one or the other is right but we've only heard one side. I personally think this whole thread should be wiped out.

Tom

I would like to remind everyone that you are hearing one side of this story and jumping (with both feet) onto the person who ALLEGEDLY is making problems for the OP. This has happened several times in the past in this forum, all to no good outcomes. I'm not saying one or the other is right but we've only heard one side. I personally think this whole thread should be wiped out.

Tom

Tom -

I know exactly where you are coming from. I also intend to delete this once this is resolved, as I mention in my unedited OP. I am absolutely happy to meet with anybody on here to show them the emails and skype chats on my laptop if there is any doubt. It would probably take a couple of hours to read it all...

Tom -

I know exactly where you are coming from. I also intend to delete this once this is resolved, as I mention in my unedited OP. I am absolutely happy to meet with anybody on here to show them the emails and skype chats on my laptop if there is any doubt. It would probably take a couple of hours to read it all...

You are clearly very emotional at this point. For example you keep offering to show emails and chats to prove you're right and the other person is wrong.
You should take a step back and refocus on what you want to achieve, that is getting useful suggestions that will get her out of your apartment.
What you said what and who is to blame really doesn't matter.
Do you have a written agreement that states the terms of the rental?
Does it clearly describe how and when the apartment will be vacated? And what is the penalty if it is not?
Does it provide for additional rent for every day of overstay?
Do you have anyone that can educate you on tenant law as it exists here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back