How do I quarantine 14 days in Buenos Aires and eat/get supplies?

I haven't even been speaking to my part-time encargado, since he has refused to wear a mask for the first 7 months. So I wouldn't expect much from him either.

We gave our doorman a bunch of masks, if you're earning like a doorman you probably don't have a lot left over at the end of the month for stuff like that.

In my building visits are restricted to relatives and limited others a day
i live in 2 buildings con-currently. one super elite and super poor. so in the super lite, a tramite has to be initiated with admin describing full details of the person, why he/she is coming, how is he/she related ; how many hours will stay.. and then the admin will ponder it over a few days and allow or may not allow the visit of 4 hours once a week. And then that quota for that week, is exhausted.

In my poor building ( no portero), which is the wild wild west, anyone can come and go.

i live in 2 buildings con-currently. one super elite and super poor. so in the super lite, a tramite has to be initiated with admin describing full details of the person, why he/she is coming, how is he/she related ; how many hours will stay.. and then the admin will ponder it over a few days and allow or may not allow the visit of 4 hours once a week. And then that quota for that week, is exhausted.

In my poor building ( no portero), which is the wild wild west, anyone can come and go.

Your place in the poor building would be sort of a "garconniere" ?

If I were you I will use that negative PCR -- when you arrive in the building -- them the portero IF HE/SHE asks -- that you have a negative PCR and show it to them. And tell them the rules say no quarantine if you have a negative PCR. That should be enough.

Good tips make good friends.

Since this started, I've began to tip twice what I used to.
Being VERY generous has payed back generously.

Iz
Exactly my experience with porteros.

The experience of a good tip and the expectation of yet another work miracles.

In my building, the stupid is strong.
And none of the Porteros will get in the way, definitely not in their interest.

Iz

Ah I am staying an very fancy building in Palermo, and it is obvious I am coming from the airport because I will have a huge suitcase and be arriving at 2AM.

Can I tip in USD?

Ah I am staying an very fancy building in Palermo, and it is obvious I am coming from the airport because I will have a huge suitcase and be arriving at 2AM.

Can I tip in USD?
No way, CABA porteros accept no other currency but Venezuelan bolivar

Back