HUGE Protest Tonight 7 PM! Corrientes/Pueyrredon & Santa Fe/Callao.

Some amazing pictures and coverage here....Salta, Rosario, Cordoba, Mar del Plata, Tucuman, and several cities in Patagonia as well as la Capital Federal.

http://tn.com.ar/

dr__dawggy said:
Some amazing pictures and coverage here....Salta, Rosario, Cordoba, Mar del Plata, Tucuman, and several cities in Patagonia as well as la Capital Federal.

http://tn.com.ar/

I wonder if there's one in San Juan or if she's shipped in enough supporters to scare them?

Different how Angel? I wasn't here for De La Rua, so I can't compare. I'm really curious!!

bradlyhale said:
A political analyst on C5N is saying that the amount of protesters in the Plaza de Mayo isn't that big... :rolleyes:

11jbtah.png

C5N, as some of you may or may not know, was sold to CFK ally and businessman Cristóbal López earlier this year.

C5N subtitled the March as "Protests for Restrictions on Foreign Exchange and Foreign Travel":confused:

A March without podium and leaders, to enounce the demands, may not be productive and could vanish into oblivion as it happened with Ing. Bloomberg...! Who gathered massive crowds in Plaza de Mayo.

Rich One said:
C5N subtitled the March as "Protests for Restrictions on Foreign Exchange and Foreign Travel":confused:

A March without podium and leaders, to enounce the demands, may not be productive and could vanish into oblivion as it happened with Ing. Bloomberg...! Who gathered massive crowds in Plaza de Mayo.

That's exactly what my wife and I were saying just now. A protest without leaders might not lead to much but we'll see...

scotttswan said:
I wonder if there's one in San Juan or if she's shipped in enough supporters to scare them?

Yup. There is a picture of the protest in San Juan on the top row center of photos in the link.

protestas-pais.jpg

Rich One said:

And that stayed on the screen for several minutes. In other words, it wasn't a scroll of different complaints... Now it is more generic: "Protesta y Marcha"

bradlyhale said:
And that stayed on the screen for several minutes. In other words, it wasn't a scroll of different complaints... Now it is more generic: "Protesta y Marcha"

maybe they should protest outside the tv channels

My wife and I marched from Santa Fe / Callao to the Plaza de Mayo. We were towards the front of the march. Looking back west along Santa Fe from 9 de Julio it was one looooooooooong sea of people. Once we cut 9 de Julio and passed the Obelisco I estimated 50,000 just from what I could see. We joined with the Corrientes protest at that point. It looked like a bit fewer people from that direction. Once we got the Plaza de Mayo the crowds got a bit jammed trying to feed in from Corrientes and the side streets.

What this protest needs is a face. It needs to be personified otherwise it's a bunch of people walking down the street. We need someone to step up and speak for the crowds, someone who can be interviewed and speak rationally and effectively about the issues. Tonight was a great opportunity. Where is the opposition in this country?

Yep, it all felt a bit too polite, even in the thick of it in Plaza de Mayo.

I agree with the sentiment that it's desperately lacking a charismatic spokesperson.

Back