HUGE Protest Tonight 7 PM! Corrientes/Pueyrredon & Santa Fe/Callao.

DavieW said:
Yep, it all felt a bit too polite, even in the thick of it in Plaza de Mayo.

I agree with the sentiment that it's desperately lacking a charismatic spokesperson.

Whom may that person be? an opposition politician ? a prominent business man? a union leader? a religious leader? :cool:
Tahrir Square in Egypt had no leaders, los Indignados neither, and amounted to little.

PD- Observing the crowds noticed mostly Cheto faces :eek:

Rich One said:
Whom may that person be? an opposition politician ? a prominent business man? a union leader? a religious leader? :cool:
Tahrir Square in Egypt had no leaders, los Indignados neither, and amounted to little.

Tahrir Square definitely had catalysts and leaders. "Amounted to little" ? Are you on crack ?:p

I'll take the cheto faces over D'Elia's ugly mug any day.

I eagerly watched on as my Argie fiance banged on her pots and pans, but opted to stay out of the protest (although I agree with it wholeheartedly). It just wasn't my place as a US citizen.

It's a shame that the producers are being oppressed in this country. Producers build countries, not the other way around. I just find it hard to believe Argentina will see any changes, even in light of this amazing march.

just my thoughts...

had it on for few hours in background....not one single on-the-street interview? Bizarre. why is that - is it illegal or something to go and ask a few pot bangers, "so, what brought you out tonight?", "do you have a message for the president?"

nada.

Rich One said:

How about the national hero, Mr Hand of God, soccer coach and super crack head.

If it's C5N you refer to then it's a pro K news service. As you know most of the news media is now controlled directly or indirectly by the Ks but now the Argentine public is rapidly becoming aware of this & the pro K news media are loosing credibility & viewers - FAST.

It's already happened in Venezuela, the people stopped watching pro government channels...even if Chavez controls most TV channels he has lost the bulk of the audience.

esllou said:
had it on for few hours in background....not one single on-the-street interview? Bizarre. why is that - is it illegal or something to go and ask a few pot bangers, "so, what brought you out tonight?", "do you have a message for the president?"

nada.

Johnny said:
Tahrir Square definitely had catalysts and leaders. "Amounted to little" ? Are you on crack ?:p

I'll take the cheto faces over D'Elia's ugly mug any day.

Hi Johny, I meant Indignados movement had no visible leaders ..:cool:

Glad you mentioned it, the next step is a massive Support March lead by D'Elia with 1000 buses full of supporters with huge flags, banners, hats, drums, horns, with a huge budget.:eek:

I referred to Cheto faces to be politically correct :D

I wasn't interviewed but got filmed close by C5N. I yelled, "No mas Dictadora! No mas Argenzuela! Mirar, Christina (and pointed to the crowd) ... hay todos y todas!"

I have yet to see that shown. Hahahahaha!

Back