I Want To Divorce My Abusive Argentina Wife, But Stay Here!

jbhenson

Registered
My Argentinian wife is extremely abusive and toxic, How can I divorce her, but stay here with my son.

I want to get the best education for him as possible but she is constantly abusive and toxic and i no longer want to keep her in my life, nor do i want to see her smacking my sons mouth again,she has made him have bloody mouths several times and i can not let this happen again.

I wont allow her to beat my son up, nor me any longer, so what do i do?

Um - that is serious. I would suggest counseling for your wife. And move out. Yesterday. I wouldn't even consider returning until she has completed counseling. And talk to a lawyer.

If your son was born here, you are qualified as a permanent resident based on your son's citizenship.

This could get messy, as divorce often does with children involved. I would DOCUMENT and have physical EVIDENCE of the abuse (photos, time stamped, for example). I don't know how Argentine courts work. But I'm guessing they will be more empathetic of the mother unless you provide proof of abuse.

Children and pets always suffer the most in divorce. I hope this process is swift and diligent for you.

Dude, never move out! you stay and stand your ground and document the hell out of everything including installing cameras, if you leave it is called abandono de hogar and you are f,,cked, but if you leave and take your kid with you , then she can charge you with kidnapping, any of those two actions will leave you out in the cold having to pay child support for an eternity while she goes out dating other men with your money..... cool down and have an educated battle plan, seek advise from professionals in the field and prepare your case carefully, if there's violence involved, you might have a pretty good chance of walking away with your kid.....

Dude, never move out! you stay and stand your ground and document the hell out of everything including installing cameras, if you leave it is called abandono de hogar and you are f,,cked, but if you leave and take your kid with you , then she can charge you with kidnapping, any of those two actions will leave you out in the cold having to pay child support for an eternity while she goes out dating other men with your money..... cool down and have an educated battle plan, seek advise from professionals in the field and prepare your case carefully, if there's violence involved, you might have a pretty good chance of walking away with your kid.....

This is good advice! I have an Argentine friend who moved out of the house many years ago.

He only got the clothes he took with him and they wore out a long time ago.

He is still paying for his error on a weekly basis.
emo32.gif

If she gets violent, do call the police and do report her.

If you leave and take your kid with you , then she can charge you with kidnapping, any of those two actions will leave you out in the cold having to pay child support for an eternity while she goes out dating other men with your money..... cool down and have an educated battle plan, seek advise from professionals in the field and prepare your case carefully, if there's violence involved, you might have a pretty good chance of walking away with your kid.....

Since the exp<b></b>ression "my son" appears three times in the first post and "our son" does not, I wonder if "she" is the boy's mother. If she isn't, would leaving with the boy actually be considered kidnapping?

I know from experience how horrible it was just to date a violent Argentina woman. I never lived with her and the last time we were together (almost ten years ago) I fled her apartment after she slapped me on the side of the head so hard that I now have almost no hearing in my left ear.

I never raised a hand to her, but if we had been married or living together I probably wouldn't be able to say that now, and if I had a son that was not also hers, I can say without a shadow of doubt that I would have taken him with me.

In the USA she was arrested for beating me up, I had the DA drop the charges but its documented. She has broken numerous teeth that I have had to have fixed. I was documenting the violence but she erased everything I had. I'm honestly not sure if she didn't pay the people who robbed us to have all the evidence erased or stolen.

She put me in the hospital here by throwing boiling water on me, I had 2nd degree burns and was in pain for weeks. There have been so many times she put me in the hospital its ridiculous. but I stayed for my sons sake.

He is our son, but she never takes care of him, and constantly ignores him. The only time she pays attention to him is in front of other people to make her look like shes a good mother.

I guess Ill try to re-document everything again. but I am really tired of this and I wont hit her, she always lies and tells her family or whoever she was defending herself, yet she is never hurt.

Im sick of her lies and abuse.

My Argentinian wife is extremely abusive and toxic, How can I divorce her, but stay here with my son.

Since we live in a patriarchal, male dominated society, I am sure there are plenty of shelters for battered husbands for you to seek refuge in, and the law and the state will give you full support for the custody of your kid.

Oh, wait.......

When it comes to the legal aspects, the advice given here is priceless. For sure you should keep all violence well documented and stay clear of the "crimes" that might potentially work against you.

I'm just trying to think what could calm the situation for the moment being, for your kid to live in at least a relative armistice until long-term issues are sorted. I can't help thinking of the recent burglary trauma your family has been exposed to. Your wife might not be dealing with it in the best way possible, but we humans often act crazy in an aftermath of an extreme situation and hostility only makes it worse. It doesn't help if you become enemies to each other because you both have been hurt beyond repair. Is there a way you two can at least coexist in peace, until you can approach it with cold heads?

Back