I Want To Divorce My Abusive Argentina Wife, But Stay Here!

Get a consultation with a familly lawyer. I can recommend someone reliable. PM me.

When I saw that khairy had posted to this thread I thought it might be to address the question regarding NobodySpecial's desire to stay in Argentina after getting a divorce. Since he didn't, I'll add this:

To NobodySpecial, If you already have permanent residency based on your marriage, I don't think you can lose it if you get a divorce. Since your son has an Argentine mother he is an Argentine no matter where he was born and if he was born in Argentina he already has a DNI. If you don't have permanent residency now and your name is on the birth certificate you should be able to get it, regardless of your marital status. You may also be able to apply for citizenship based on being his dad.

I hope that khairy or anyone else with knowledge on the subject will confirm or correct this information.
emo32.gif
I was in the process but after the robbery i lost all of my past recordings, ect. So I was worried. She threatened to get me deported several times and said I would lose my son forever. I couldn't have that.
Thank you

A word of warning to everyone. This is ONE SIDE of the story. This has happened to us before. We read one side, horrified, ready to take action, then read the other person's side and things look very different.
N

Yes and to hear her say it she is always defending herself.
She just let me know what my family was doing and I alienated myself,
Nothing is ever her fault that's why I was documenting everything.

But you are right, thing is no matter how hard some people try to hide facts, they always come out in the end. Its Gods will.

well last Friday I could finnally take no more. I left. I now have 2 lawyers and my wife is doing just as she said. I was stupid and left without him. Now i have to fight to get to see him. But it was better for me to leave because if I had stayed one day more I would have snapped. It sucks I love my wife and my son, but I cant stand the abuse any more.

Hi,
I have not enough time to read all the responses you´ve received. As far as I know, according to my lawyer (I lived a similar situation, a toxic husband, however not as physically violent as you´re wife):

• The “Codigo Civil” has changed in 08/2015 and now you can leave the house without being considered as “abandono del hogar”.

• Because you´re leaving the house to protect you AND your child. You can leave the house WITH your child without being considered kidnapping as far as you let your wife know it and see the child on a regular basis (until you get a Judge decision on the “Regimen de visitas”).

• You can apply to a “Divorcio Express” and get it in 1-3 months, however you need to agree and document with your wife your proposal of “Regimen de visitas” (when the child will be with each parent), “Division de bienes” (how will you split the things you have, ex apartment, car, founiture, etc) and “Pension Alimentaria” (how much money will be paid by each parent to contribute on his child well-being, education, etc.

• The new “Codigo Civil” does not longer priviledge motherhood over fatherhood and stipulates a 50% and 50% of the time with the child.
I sincerely know how difficult it is to leave a loved partner to protect yourself from this abusive and violent situation that you do not deserve at all (no one deserves, it does not matter what her reasons are).
I strongly recommend you to visit a lawyer (if you need a recommendation, send me a private message and I´ll give you mine lawyer´s coordinates) as well as a psychologist. Because this kind of violence is inacceptable, and the fact that you arrived to this point shows that you need help, both from the legal and psy side. We are human beings and need time to analyze and recover from this abuse. (I know that for a US person/culture/perspective talking about the need of a psy advice is weird, Canadians for exemple will never recognize that they need psychoterapie and will hide it, but I strongly recommend it. And one of the positive things in this country is that there are plenty of psychologists).
Wish you the strength to move forward to a new abuse-free life.

Back