Immigration For Dummies

This is the only doc I have. Seemed to do the trick.

([background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]REAL ESTATE BROKER´S[/background][background=rgb(255, 255, 0)] OR CPA [/background][background=rgb(255, 255, 0)] LETTERHEAD[/background])

Dirección Nacional de Migraciones

Av. Antartida Argentina 1355

Buenos Aires – ARGENTINA

A quien corresponda:

Por medio de la presente informamos que el Sr. [background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]N[/background][background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]AME OF CLIENT[/background], estadounidense, pasaporte número [background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]##########[/background], nacida el día [background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]##[/background] de [background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]######[/background] de [background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]######[/background] es el propietario del inmueble ubicado en la calle [background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]ADDRESS OF PROPERTY[/background][background=rgb(255, 255, 0)] (Estados Unidos)[/background] conforme surge del titulo de propiedad de fecha [background=rgb(255, 255, 0)](DATE OF TITLE/DEED)[/background], número [background=rgb(255, 255, 0)](DEED IDENTIFICATION NUMBER)[/background].

Asimismo, podemos certificar que el Sr. [background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]NAME OF CLIENT[/background] percibe una renta mensual generada por arriendo (alquileres) en la suma de US$ [background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]XXXX[/background] ([background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]XXXXXXXX[/background] dólares) en forma mensual, continua y estable. La propiedad se encuentra alquilada hasta el día [background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]XXXXX[/background]

La renta mencionada es depositada mensualmente en la cuenta bancaria del Sr. [background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]NAME OF CLIENT[/background] en la institución [background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]NAME OF BANK[/background].

No dude en contactarme en caso de requerir información adicional.

Atentamente,

(Signature certified by a notary public)

And in English

To whom it May concern:

Through this he informed Mr. NAME OF CLIENT, US, passport number ##########, born on day ## of ###### to ###### is the owner of the building located at ADDRESS OF PROPERTY (United States) as appears from the title to date (DATE OF TITLE / DEED), number (DEED IDENTIFICATION NUMBER).

We can also certify that Mr. NAME OF CLIENT receives a monthly income generated by lease (rent) in the amount of US $ XXXX (XXXXXXXX dollars) monthly, continuous and stable. The property is rented until the day XXXXX

Mentioned income is deposited monthly into the bank account of Mr. NAME OF CLIENT in the institution NAME OF BANK.

Feel free to contact me if you require additional information.

Update of Bullet #17.

#17.
Overstaying :
  • Overstaying the 90 days tourist visa will earn you IRREGULAR STATUS. (Unique to Argentina). #18.
  • To leave the country you have to apply for HABILITACION DE SALIDA (Authorization to Leave) with a fine of $600 pesos (before or after border crossing).
  • Before crossing the borders you can pay in person at Migraciones Retiro, OR at Terminal Omnibus Retiro ubicado en el Puente Nº 5, (de 8 a 20 hs), OR 24/7 at Ezeiza or Aeroparque.
  • After crossing the borders without paying, the $600 pesos fine will show up on the system and you still can pay it online, but the system will have your history (you´re pushing your luck),. Avoid having history!!!
  • You can NOT initiate this process or pay the $600 pesos at locations other than those specified above. For example a passenger to Asuncion, Paraguay with irregular status will be denied to board the Bus at Retiro without showing Habilitacion de Salida. Further more, the Bus company will be fined if they tried to cross the borders at Asuncion with such a passenger on board. However, that same passenger can board the same Bus at Retiro with a fair to get off just before the borders, walk on foot through Migraciones without Habilitacion De Salida.
  • Even if Migraciones officially rejects your residency application, you´re still IRREGULAR. Only when they get a deportation order that it becomes ILLEGAL, but you can appeal, and Federal Court will give you Precaria to carry on your appeal. The appeal process can take many years. At the end of the appeal process, Federal Court will override the DNM Residency Categories Requirements. (Residency Without Fitting Any Category !!!!!)
  • For most of the rest of the world, it'd earn you an ILLEGAL STATUS right away. Day ONE after your 90 days, you´ll be subject to penal code, jail & black listed not to re-enter the country again for many years.
  • Soliciting a new 90 days at Retiro will put you at a much higher risk for "Ultima Prórroga" than doing the Colonia run.
I wish there was a better, easier and more proper way to update the OP itself, rather than partial piecemeal all over the place.
It`s been a while, and there are quite few updates that need to be incorporated, but a full release task is tedious, daunting and time consuming.

Finally got it right.

#17.
Overstaying :
  • Overstaying the 90 days tourist visa will earn you IRREGULAR STATUS with $600 pesos fine. (Unique to Argentina). #18.
  • 2 ways to leave the country :
  • Apply in person for HABILITACION DE SALIDA (Authorization to Leave) at Migraciones Retiro, OR at Terminal Omnibus Retiro ubicado en el Puente Nº 5, (de 8 a 20 hs), OR 24/7 at Ezeiza or Aeroparque. This process can NOT be initiated at locations other than specified.
  • OR
  • Cross the borders without Habilitacion De Salida on your own (no 3rd party). Be aware that the system will have your history (you´re pushing your luck. ,. Avoid having history !!!). Even then still you can pay the $600 pesos fine online if you want to.
  • For example a passenger to Asuncion, Paraguay with irregular status will be denied to board the Bus at Retiro without showing Habilitacion de Salida. Further more, the Bus company will be fined if they tried to cross the borders at Asuncion with such a passenger on board. However, that same passenger can board the same Bus at Retiro with a fair to get off just before the borders, walk on foot through Migraciones without Habilitacion De Salida.
  • Even if Migraciones officially rejects your residency application, you´re still IRREGULAR. Only when they get a deportation order that it becomes ILLEGAL, but you can appeal, and Federal Court will give you Precaria to carry on your appeal. The appeal process can take many years. At the end of the appeal process, Federal Court will override the DNM Residency Categories Requirements. (Residency Without Fitting Any Category !!!!!)
  • For most of the rest of the world, it'd earn you an ILLEGAL STATUS right away. Day ONE after your 90 days, you´ll be subject to penal code, jail & black listed not to re-enter the country again for many years.
  • Soliciting a new 90 days at Retiro will put you at a much higher risk for "Ultima Prórroga" than doing the Colonia run.

My memory failed me again .
(Hate to do this, but here we are one more time)

#17.
Overstaying :
  • Overstaying the 90 days tourist visa will earn you IRREGULAR STATUS with $600 pesos fine. (Unique to Argentina). #18.
  • 2 ways to leave the country :
  • Apply in person for HABILITACION DE SALIDA (Authorization to Leave) (valid only for 10 days) at Migraciones Retiro, OR at Terminal Omnibus Retiro ubicado en el Puente Nº 5, (de 8 a 20 hs), OR 24/7 at Ezeiza or Aeroparque. This process can NOT be initiated at locations other than specified.
  • OR
  • Cross the borders without Habilitacion De Salida on your own (no 3rd party). Be aware that the system will have your history (you´re pushing your luck. ,. Avoid having history !!!). Even then still you can pay the $600 pesos fine online if you want to.
  • For example a passenger to Asuncion, Paraguay with irregular status will be denied to board the Bus at Retiro without showing Habilitacion de Salida. Further more, the Bus company will be fined if they tried to cross the borders at Asuncion with such a passenger on board. However, that same passenger can board the same Bus at Retiro with a fair to get off just before the borders, walk on foot through Migraciones without Habilitacion De Salida.
  • On the 10th day of a valid Habilitacion De Salida a passenger will be denied boarding the bus at Retiro, if it`s scheduled to cross the border at Asuncion after midnight of that 10th day. Also Migraciones will deny issuing another Habilitacion De Salida, because the current one is still valid. Catch 22.

kahery expert, you should charge money for this!
I have ZERO legal background.
I'm a long time retiree and not soliciting anything or giving any advice. Just offering my time to share my experience.
Gathering and compiling this stuff was only possible because of all of you guys, .... after accidentally coming across BAExpats.

An old-timer like yourself should live in a leafy suburb up north not MicroCentro. What's the dealio?

Hi. Your "Immigration for Dummies" (I resemble that remark) is great and has encouraged me.

I'm wondering, though, if I qualify as "retirado". What did they ask you for in the way of documentation?

I get $650 a month from Social Security (but it's Disability, not retirement. Yet. It will be in a couple of years) and $907 from an annuity my dad set up for me.

It looked to me, reading your tome, like they just asked you a couple of questions and didn't need documents.

What do you think my chances might be of becoming a retirado. If I just say I am and have grey hair (some, not all), will that suffice?

Thanks again for the help you already provided and any more help you can provide.

Bob Haskell

Back