Imports, really feeling the pinch now

Gringoboy said:
It's getting beyond a joke right now.

This is a really funny post. I'm glad to see you have discovered that the import restrictions are no joke now that it affects you personally.

Gringoboy said:
forgot to ask the tech bloke for the password to access the modem.
Default is usually ADMIN but not in this case.

Usually, if you connect your computer with a network cable to the router, you can access the router from your browser through an IP address typically somewhere between 192.168.0.0 and 192.168.255.255. You can try entering 192.168.1.1 in your browser. This way you can reset the password.

starlucia said:
It's kind of sobering to know that even a corporate behemoth like Cablevision can't somehow bribe, con, or smuggle their stock in...

Well, Fibertel/Cablevision is part of the Clarín Group...so no wonder they're having troubles getting their modems from abroad.

el_expatriado said:
This is a really funny post. I'm glad to see you have discovered that the import restrictions are no joke now that it affects you personally.
Not funny at all actually.
It's affecting all of us personally, not just me.
I run a PC repair/sales business and I'm now having difficulty sourcing certain motherboards, peripherals and quite frankly pretty basic stuff.
This in itself will affect my business and I dread to think how the importers are managing.
Maybe you should keep your snide comments to yourself in future, sir!

garygrunson said:
Are the import slowdowns depending on country of origin? I see lots of electronics from Brazil and Mexico here. Either they are easy to import or there is a large back supply. There must be some trade agreements with Brazil for example.

I don't think they depend on the country of origin, more on the person (company) that imports, and (most importantly) how much this person/company exports, And (not in the least) the energy the importer has to get his Import permisson (my husband is going to the ministry of economy several times a week!)

Some companies start exporting too, others make agreements with companies that mainly export, others just give up. Leaving "us" (people in argentina) without certain products, temporary (until the importer gets things in order/until someone else picks up this product to import), or definitely.

It's pissing off a lot of the fashion houses too. Italian suit mogul Ermenegildo Zegna got so pissed at not being able to recieve new stuff to sell, that they literally ceased paying their rent at the boutique on Alvear in front of the Park Hyatt and chose to get evicted than carry on with having that boutique.

If he pays for a meeting with Moreno I recommend him he will learn the marcha peronista

YanquiGallego said:
It's pissing off a lot of the fashion houses too. Italian suit mogul Ermenegildo Zegna got so pissed at not being able to recieve new stuff to sell, that they literally ceased paying their rent at the boutique on Alvear in front of the Park Hyatt and chose to get evicted than carry on with having that boutique.

Zegna moved to patio bulrich

Gringoboy said:
Not funny at all actually.
It's affecting all of us personally, not just me.

That's my point. In your first post you said the import restrictions are "getting beyond a joke right now."

They never were a joke. They are destroying the livelihoods of a lot of people. I find it to be very callous that you thought they were a joke until they started to affect you personally. I have friends that lost their businesses due to the import restrictions and others who have lost their jobs or seen their wages & bonuses cut.

The import restrictions were never a joke and I'm sorry to see that they are now affecting you, but they were a problem even before they affected your business.

Back