International Post

The real issue here is the timing, freaking slow, and the nuance of having to go to the middle of nowhere by Retiro to get stuff. Other than that I would say we need to cut these folks some slack here..I send myself parcels from everywhere in the world and never EVER did not receive an item. My last four from Malaysia.

I thought that myself until some of my parcels from home disappeared into the correo argentina nether!

It's like the Bermuda Triangle. Aduana es really getting twisted. My friend living here asked a friend in the States to Fed ex his HIV meds and he had to go to the Ministerio de Salud and fill out a bunch of paperwork, then go a prescription for the meds from a doctor, take it back to teh Ministerio de Salud, then fill out more paperwork then to go Aduana in Ezeiza and spend three hours and pay 50% taxes on the meds. It's annoying when you order clothes or shoes and they got lost, but to mess with people's medications is really sick.

It's like the Bermuda Triangle. Aduana es really getting twisted. My friend living here asked a friend in the States to Fed ex his HIV meds and he had to go to the Ministerio de Salud and fill out a bunch of paperwork, then go a prescription for the meds from a doctor, take it back to teh Ministerio de Salud, then fill out more paperwork then to go Aduana in Ezeiza and spend three hours and pay 50% taxes on the meds. It's annoying when you order clothes or shoes and they got lost, but to mess with people's medications is really sick.
Prescription medicine is not supposed to be taxed according to the AFIP website. I wonder if the law was different previously?

I had a friend send me vitamins and they taxed me too. What can I say? They found a way to tax him. He found someone who travels here once a month to bring in his monthly cocktail since there are specific medications that he can't get here in Argentina anymore.

They tax on local value. I had my 5 year old uk keyboard sent through a few years back,they still taxed me on it.

Here's mine, going tomorrow to see if I can get it...​
40 days later...
Seleccioná el tipo de envío[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background]​

Fecha Planta Historia Estado
23-01-2014 19:09 CTP CPI-BUENOS AIRES EN PROCESO DE CLASIFICACIÓN
23-01-2014 18:23 CTP CPI-BUENOS AIRES EN PROCESO DE ADUANA
23-01-2014 14:57 CTP CPI-BUENOS AIRES LLEGADA DEL PAÍS

Here's mine, going tomorrow to see if I can get it...​
40 days later...
Seleccioná el tipo de envío[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background]​

Fecha Planta Historia Estado
23-01-2014 19:09 CTP CPI-BUENOS AIRES EN PROCESO DE CLASIFICACIÓN
23-01-2014 18:23 CTP CPI-BUENOS AIRES EN PROCESO DE ADUANA
23-01-2014 14:57 CTP CPI-BUENOS AIRES LLEGADA DEL PAÍS
No shit? I'll be there tomorrow too...look for a razor bald guy that doesnt fit in with the rest of the crowd...lol

Thats why you dont say anything and just go pick it up, Ive got meds before and didnt say anything, just went and picked it up and left, but it was in a box with other household items so it went unnoticed.

I didn't say anything. They packages are automatically opened upon arriving to Customs.

Back