International Post

Excellent BigAl, well done!
My sunglasses are in BA somewhere according to the tracking numbers, so I phoned the helpline and was told that they are still classifying them.
How difficult is it to do that?
I was then told that I can't do anything until I get the advice note through the post.
I'll report back here next Christmas.
Have you tried going down with your tracking number? I used to never wait for the pick up notice to be delivered, once I see that my package is in Argentina, I would wait 2 days and go and pick it up just with the tracking number, they would punch it in the computer and print out my shipping info and have me wait for my number to be called, but they stopped doing that, now you have to wait 48 hours since the time the notice was mailed out, then come in with just the tracking number.

Still no Correo slip or anything from the UK has arrived. As Gringoboy says I think we'll use the presents, if they arrive at all, for my kid's Christmas presents at the end of the year. The Correo must be a complete kilombo and lets face it they have far more important things to do like printing stamps of the Late Great Venezuelan Leader

http://www.elcivico.com/notas/2014/3/6/correo-argentino-emitira-sellos-postales-honor-chavez-117490.asp

Yes Al, I think I'll do just that.
If I'm not on here for a while, dispatch a search party please.

PretteJohn, We finally got our package after it sat in Argentina for 3 months before the slip came. Good luck. Hope it comes soon.

Excellent BigAl, well done!
My sunglasses are in BA somewhere according to the tracking numbers, so I phoned the helpline and was told that they are still classifying them.
How difficult is it to do that?
I was then told that I can't do anything until I get the advice note through the post.
I'll report back here next Christmas.

Mine is still in process of classification and has been in Arge since January 23rd.
I really don't recommend going to Correo. I wasted half a day to be told that
"It's still in process of classification. You'll get a notice at your home."

-_-

ARbound and others, I'm beginning to think that I would completely lose it if i went there to be confronted with this type of authoritarian bullshit.
Seriously, I'd probably hit someone in the same way I hooked that parking attendant.

We have the slip from the Correo but I've been told you have to get a number at the start of the day and then sit and wait until my number is called. Can you send someone on your behalf as it says on the slip that you can only go between 0800 - 1800 and these are the hours that I work at school? I also live all the way out in Hurlingham.

They're also charging me $25 for the time that its spent in the post office. I want to weep at the inaneness of it all but I'm slowly becoming socially conditioned to the futility of it all.

All for a birthday present sent 3 months ago for my son which is probably a plastic spiderman. Still at least it won't be an industria Argentina spiderman where the head falls off after 30 seconds and becomes the perfect choking size for a toddler.

They want to charge you $25 for the pleasure of holding on to your goods, totally out of your control and entirely their responsibility?
That would make my head fall off, never mind Spiderman's.

I send them an email tonight accusing them of robbing me. Depending on how it goes I'm gonna email a friend who has connections with
the economists. We all know how much Cristina and Co love Arge being mentioned there. I can picture the article:

"15 days to arrive in Argentina, 60+ in clarification process: A decade of Postal Decline"

In all seriousness it's been in Correo's hands since January 21st now and I'm still waiting, just checked/emailed tonight!

This is one of the many reasons I hate Argentina.

We have the slip from the Correo but I've been told you have to get a number at the start of the day and then sit and wait until my number is called. Can you send someone on your behalf as it says on the slip that you can only go between 0800 - 1800 and these are the hours that I work at school? I also live all the way out in Hurlingham.

They're also charging me $25 for the time that its spent in the post office. I want to weep at the inaneness of it all but I'm slowly becoming socially conditioned to the futility of it all.

All for a birthday present sent 3 months ago for my son which is probably a plastic spiderman. Still at least it won't be an industria Argentina spiderman where the head falls off after 30 seconds and becomes the perfect choking size for a toddler.

They shouldnt charge you because each person is entitled to $25 a year imports. We had somethings sent over the last year and had them addressed to 3 different people to avoid charges. But it does require someone go there and queue up each time. And you have to fill out a AFIP 3579/14 form http://www.ignacioonline.com.ar/2014/01/Compras-en-el-Exterior-Preguntas-Frecuentes-RG-3579-Formulario-4550.html to declare the source and value.
After which you give them a pint of your blood and the clothes off your back and they give you your package, easy! I said in the past to my Argie wife, next time i`m getting my packages sent to North Korea and i`ll go and pick them up from their, it`ll be easier.

Back